Scheduling Opportunities ?

Green Menace posted our future OC schedule in a thread on the CUSA board. It appears that we have a window of opportunity to assure 6 home and 6 away games in future schedules; especially with Tulsa becoming a conference opponent.

Additional home game ?

09/21 - at Georgia

TBA - Ball State

TBA - at Ohio

08/30 - at Texas

09/06 - SMU

09/13 - at Tulsa (Substitute another home game for an away conference game ?)

10/04 - at Indiana

Additional home game ?

09/05 - Tulsa

09/12 - at SMU

09/26 - at Iowa

Additional home game ?

09/03 - SMU

09/10 - at Florida

TBA - at Army

Additional home game ?

TBA - Army

TBA - at Iowa

TBA - at SMU

Additional home game ?

TBA - at Army

TBA - at Arkansas

TBA - SMU

Green Menace posted our future OC schedule in a thread on the CUSA board. It appears that we have a window of opportunity to assure 6 home and 6 away games in future schedules; especially with Tulsa becoming a conference opponent.

08/30 - at Texas

09/06 - SMU

09/13 - at Tulsa (Substitute another home game for an away conference game ?)

10/04 - at Indiana

Additional home game ?

09/05 - Tulsa (Substitute home game for conference away game)

09/12 - at SMU

09/26 - at Iowa

when you join a conference the home and away games rotate every year...

• Downvote 6

when you join a conference the home and away games rotate every year...

I'm well aware of that. With Tulsa becoming a conference opponent that leaves opening for OC games to be filled. We can add a home game to get to 6-6 while it would have been 5-7 with Tulsa as an OC opponent in 2013.

Edited by MeanGreen61

I would add an FCS game in most of those years. We need wins and 6 home games per year. What we don't need are two ass poundings per season and 5 home games.

How about we try use these opportunities to try amd schedule a marque home game. Houston and SMU are nice (Indiana is on a lower level than these 2), but I'm waiting for the day that we get a big 12 school at home again. Those types of games are what Apogee should being.

Let's try to do that before adding Texas Southern for the next 10 years.

Edited by UNT90

How about we try use these opportunities to try amd schedule a marque home game. Houston and SMU are nice (Indiana is on a lower level than these 2), but I'm waiting for the day that we get a big 12 school at home again. Those types of games are what Apogee should being.

Let's try to do that before adding Texas Southern for the next 10 years.

Wow, the definition of marque swings wildly around this forum.

Personally, I would not consider SMU more marque than Indiana, but I can see how they would draw bigger crowds in Apogee.

Wow, the definition of marque swings wildly around this forum.

Personally, I would not consider SMU more marque than Indiana, but I can see how they would draw bigger crowds in Apogee.

Playing 1-11 Indiana was like playing Rice when Rice was in the SWC. Except Indiana isn't in the SWC.

Don't get me wrong. Beats the hell outta Ball St., Ohio, Tulsa, and even CUSA version of Rice, but not on par with a 1 loss Houston or a metroplex rival SMU.

And it's not even close.

Edited by UNT90

Playing 1-11 Indiana was like playing Rice when Rice was in the SWC. Except Indiana isn't in the SWC.

Don't get me wrong. Beats the hell outta Ball St., Ohio, Tulsa, and even CUSA version of Rice, but not on par with a 1 loss Houston or a metroplex rival SMU.

And it's not even close.

[quote

name='UNT90' timestamp='1339184514' post='649143']

And it's not even close.

Edited by shaft
  • Upvote 1

Except they weren't 1-11 when we scheduled them or played them. You can't use hindsight to determine the "draw" of a team. The draw is based on historic reputation and how they are posing at that moment. You can use seasonal performance and hindsight to determine strength of schedule, but not a team's draw.

Let's be honest any Texas team is going to be a bigger draw at home than what there actual record is.

No doubt.

But just because you don't know a teams record when you schedule them doesn't mean that the record doesn't matter in fan appeal.

And as far as tradition goes, I would argue SMU and Houston have much more than Indiana, at least more fans in DFW are aware of SMU and Houston traditiion than they are any tradition that Indiana may or may not have.

I would add an FCS game in most of those years. We need wins and 6 home games per year. What we don't need are two ass poundings per season and 5 home games.

We need 6 home games against FBS schools. If the only way to get that 6th game would be to play an FCS school, then so be it. I agree with you. Its hard to build any swagger when you get your head handed to you twice at the front end of the season.

Additional home game ? Texas Tech

09/21 - at Georgia

TBA - Ball State

TBA - at Ohio

08/30 - at Texas

09/06 - SMU

09/13 - at Tulsa (Substitute another home game for an away conference game ?) Iowa State

10/04 - at Indiana

Additional home game ? TCU

09/05 - Tulsa (replace with an out of conference home game) Colorado

09/12 - at SMU

09/26 - at Iowa

Additional home game ? Missouri

09/03 - SMU

09/10 - at Florida

TBA - at Army

Additional home game ? Houston

TBA - Army

TBA - at Iowa

TBA - at SMU

Additional home game ? Kansas

TBA - at Army

TBA - at Arkansas

TBA - SMU

if i had my way our schedule would look something like this. this would give us a home game against an out of conference texas team each year and/or someone that is or has been in the big xii, so the fans are interested/familiar. plus, all of these opponents would be winnable games imo.

if i had my way our schedule would look something like this. this would give us a home game against an out of conference texas team each year and/or someone that is or has been in the big xii, so the fans are interested/familiar. plus, all of these opponents would be winnable games imo.

And when do we return these games?

You can't buy a 1 off from any of these teams.

I fear our scheduling will not improve in the next 4-8 years, with many of those years having only 5 home games against FBS competition.

Kind of depressing.

I really, really, really, don't understand the Iowa deal. It is terrible for this program right now.

Edited by UNT90

I really, really, really, don't understand the Iowa deal. It is terrible for this program right now.

FWIW the Iowa deals were done 3 years ago , before we had Apogee. I'm not sure why some thought this was new news

* not that it makes it any better

Edited by NT03

FWIW the Iowa deals were done 3 years ago , before we had Apogee. I'm not sure why some thought this was new news

* not that it makes it any better

I did not know that.

But, it really doesn't make it any better. We knew Apogee was on the Horizon, yet lock ourselves into a situation that will only allow 5 FBS home games for most years in the first 10 years of Apogee?

Craziness.

And when do we return these games?

You can't buy a 1 off from any of these teams.

I fear our scheduling will not improve in the next 4-8 years, with many of those years having only 5 home games against FBS competition.

Kind of depressing.

NEVER!!!!!!!

i was really just giving you a want list. my dream schedule would look something like that.

• Downvote 1

How many times did SMU have TX Tech at home?

NT should be able to get then to come to the DFW area just for their

Alum.

I'd like to see Tech come here but now that they are playing Baylor in Arlington and every other year in Fort Worth I don't see them coming to Denton again anytime soon.