Summer Football Camps

UNTLifer

Will be interested to see how the Chapel Hill camp turns out. Hopefully the East Texas pipeline will continue to grow.

I agree - it should be interesting to see how this camp is different from last year's at CH. I will be in attendance so if I see anything significantly different I will pass the information along.

I would be surprised if any CH players are offered (state championship team from last year had 30+ seniors on a 40 + squad) but hopefully we can tap into upcoming seniors from other schools in East Texas.

UNT has not placed a priority on East Texas kids in the recent past although we have managed to sign a few; I know there are coaches and players here in East Texas that very much hope that attitude has changed.

I agree - it should be interesting to see how this camp is different from last year's at CH. I will be in attendance so if I see anything significantly different I will pass the information along.

I would be surprised if any CH players are offered (state championship team from last year had 30+ seniors on a 40 + squad) but hopefully we can tap into upcoming seniors from other schools in East Texas.

UNT has not placed a priority on East Texas kids in the recent past although we have managed to sign a few; I know there are coaches and players here in East Texas that very much hope that attitude has changed.

I was disappointed to look up CH on Rivals and see no one listed.

• Upvote 1

I was disappointed to look up CH on Rivals and see no one listed.

Not surprising - but CH has sent four players (1 gray shirt) to UNT over the past two years.

One is projected to start on the Mean Green defense this year.

The other three are incoming freshmen and obviously the jury is out on them - but if two or three of the four CH recruits make significant contributions to future UNT teams, then CH will be proud - and vindicated, too, as some on this board have criticized UNT/McCarney for taking four players from the same 3-A school........and not without some justification.

• Upvote 1