UTA - let's skip the "passing us by thread"

shaft

you make this so easy

So....

On an average Friday night at 10 you're on UNT's football fan forum disputing academics. You sir are the one making it easy, get a freakin life. I can see why people don't want to be around you though, you're obsession with UNT and attempts to marginalize are hilarious IMO. Little man syndrome at its finest.

Edited by ntmeangreen11
  • Upvote 2

You guys keep feeding him replies, thus giving fuel to the fire.

His word count rivals Plumm, for Pete's sake! just stop. please.

Granted, but for those who are (I suppose) seemedly forced at gun point to read my epistles even you'd have to admit, greenminer, that his message and my message

are just a tad different? He has a non-stop vendetta against North Texas. Not sure why he spends the time on this board that he does and equally surprised that he has not been removed from this board to tell the truth, because he is obviously not one of our alums or fans.

Yet, I've been around all this for "only" about 40 years thru the good, the bad and helluva' lot of ugly (with many who stayed way too long on our payroll based on what)?. I'm running out of years, a little pissed that my alma mater didn't do much significantly in athletics during most of my adult years and I still just have a lotta to say and if anyone hasn't noticed--red number response from some posters (both from UNT and I think many unconnected to UNT) mostly inspire me to say even more, especially if I think some of those posts have hit a raw nerve and may have been fairly close to a little spot on truth that some wuss'es cannot handle for whatever their reason or agenda? (Funny how some of us were right about the kind of new HFC UNT should hire right before we hired Dan McCarney, but strange how some responded to that opinion over a popular UNT (yet obviously) talented) assistant coach, but one (unfortunately) from a perennial losing UNT FB program that they preferred, instead). Hell, back in my 25 years in the tech school recruiting business I wouldn't have even hired a family member if I didn't they they would be the right hire for the job and that's a fact, Jack.

I realize a few up there in Denton don't want to hear what I have to say because sometimes the obvious truth (from cumulative wins/losses results) rings out loud & clear--and there is no ambiguity whatsoever when you look at W/L results. It's like a salesperson who has no positive sales results over a given fair amount of time. In a normal business world they don't get to stay on the payroll till retirement, but for some of our Texas public universities they are are almost deified for even just longevity on the payroll albeit not much was really accomplished during their tenureship comparatively to other schools of our scope and size. .

I am just not one of those Big Southern Dummified "yessuh, yall are just fabulously great up there in little ol' Denton" sorta' guys if I don't really believe it; that is, if they are not doing great things as we look at their W/L results over a more than generous period of time.

Many of us Old Gun Alums just got plain tired of watching schools we used to be on the same level in our old Missouri Valley Conference days passing us by one right after the other for decades. We got tired of every new UNT AD or HFC newly hired changing our logos (even over the ones that worked out pretty well on our helmets and maybe should even still be on our UNT helmets today like "worm" or SOW). We've run out of every conceivable shade of green for any future new regime change so I guess that cycle has to start over. LOL! I have given praise when I felt like we were acting like the 4'th largest university in the almighty state of Texas should be acting (and performing athletically, too). And here I am starting another one of these long diatribes but I will stop this one...............right now.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

actually TxState has higher admissions standards than UTSA and even after UTSA increases theirs TxState will still have higher actual standards

UTSA does not increase theirs until next year and they are still automatic admissions for anyone in the top 25% of their HS class while TxState has the auto admissions for the top 10% (like all but UT and TAMU) and then for the 11-25% of HS class they have a 920 SAT or a 20 SAT required

for the second 25% of HS class UTSA currently has a 960 SAT or 20 ACT

for the second 25% TxState currently has a 1010 SAT or a 22 ACT so Tx State is clearly higher currently

when UTSA increases theirs they will still have the auto admit for the top 25% of HS class while TxState will only have it for the top 10% and then for 11-25% TxState will require the 960 SAT or 20 ACT so TxState will still have higher admissions for the 11-25%

UTSA will move to an 1100 SAT or 24 ACT for guaranteed admissions, but they will still guarantee an individual review for anyone with a 900 SAT or 19 ACT so really they can't claim they have higher admissions because they are tossing out an inflated number and then guaranteeing reviews to those with a lower number still......this goes back to what I said about UTSA needing to increase their freshman metrics, but still needing to maintain enrollment numbers for formula funding

for the third 25% TxState has an 1180 SAT or 26 ACT for admission while UTSA does the "individual review" for anyone with a 1000 SAT or 21 ACT so again it is impossible to know what standard they will actually use without seeing what the individual reviews allow in while TxState has firm standards that are in place and higher than the individual review standards for UTSA

and if you want to say the new admissions standards for UTSA are actually higher than TxState then you would have to say that UTSA has higher admissions standards than unT as well because unT has the auto top 10% and then a 950 SAT or 20 SAT (30 points higher for the SAT and the same for ACT as TxState)

then for the second 25% unT is a 1050 SAT or 23 ACT so 40 SAT points or 1 ACT point higher than the same class ranking as TxState and for the 3rd 25% unT and TxState have the exact same standards 1180/26

so if you are going to say that UTSA with no sat required for the 11-25% of the HS class and a future requirement of 1100/24 for guaranteed admissions to the second 25% or a 900/19 for individual review and then a 3rd 25% with 1000/21 for individual review is higher than TxState then it would also be higher than unT as well

so while unT has slightly higher admissions form the 11-25% of HS class and the 26-50% of HS class VS TxState (and the exact same for the 51-75%) UTSA currently dose not and in the future if you are going to say that auto admissions for the top 25% and guaranteed for the 26-50% with an 1100/24 and guaranteed review for 900/19 is higher than it would be higher than unT as well

so you are incorrect for UTSA vs TxState as of now and I would say that you are incorrect for UTSA vsTxState next year as well and if you still say that UTSA will be higher then UTSA will also be higher than unT as well because the numbers for unT and TxState are clearly spelled out for guaranteed admissions and the numbers for UTSA for guaranteed admissions are spelled out, but it is not known yet who else they will allow in for individual review and those numbers are spelled out lower and UTSA still will have auto admits for the 11-25% of HS class as well

you make this so easy

http://www.utsa.edu/...s/freshmen.html

HS Class Rank SAT Score (min.) ACT Score (min.) 1st quartile (top 25%) No minimum but must submit scores No minimum but must submit scores

2nd quartile (second 25%) 960 (critical reading and math only) 20 (composite)

3rd and 4th quartile Individual review Individual Review

no HS rank, unaccredited HS, or home school program Individual review Individual Review

those are the current admissions standards for UTSA

http://www.admission...g-accepted.html

Assured Admission Standards

Class Rank

SAT I*

ACT

Top 10%

Required, but no minimum

First Quartile

Second Quartile

Third Quartile

Fourth Quartile

those are the current admissions for TxState

http://www.utsa.edu/...quirements.html

Top 25% Guaranteed Admission Guaranteed Admission

Second 25% • SAT 1100: Guaranteed Admission (Others by Committee Review: SAT ≥ 900 for consideration) • ACT 24: Guaranteed Admission (Others by Committee Review: ACT ≥ 19 for consideration)

Third 25% • Committee Review: (SAT ≥ 1000 for consideration) • Committee Review: (ACT ≥ 21 for consideration)

Fourth 25% • Committee Review: (SAT ≥ 1100 for consideration) • Committee Review: (ACT ≥ 24 for consideration)

Non-Ranking Accredited HS • SAT 1100: Guaranteed Admission (Others by Committee Review: SAT ≥ 900 for consideration) • ACT 24: Guaranteed Admission (Others by Committee Review: ACT ≥ 19 for consideration)

GED, Unaccredited HS, Home School • Committee Review: (SAT ≥ 1100 for consideration) • Committee Review: (ACT ≥ 24 for consideration)

those are the new standards for UTSA for 2013......so UTSA still has auto admissions for the top 25% of the HS class while TxState requires a 920/20 for the 11-25 ranking in the HS class.....so clearly those are not higher than TxState

UTSA will require an 1100/24 for the 26-50% of HS class rank for guaranteed admissions, but they will have an individual review for anyone with a 900/19 or better while TxState has guaranteed admissions for anyone with a 1010/22 or higher......so you can say that for the 26-50% of HS class rank UTSA is higher, but that is not actually known until it is known what type of students they let in with a review and TxState still has higher admissions for the 11-25% of HS class rank

I never said that TxState was higher than unT either......what I said is that if you are going to claim that the new UTSA admissions standards for 2013 are higher then you would also have to say that UTSA has higher admissions than unT as well

Top 10 percent of high school class Submit SAT or ACT score

Next 15 percent of high school class Minimum 950 SAT or 20 ACT score

Second quarter of high school class Minimum 1050 SAT or 23 ACT score

Third quarter of high school class Minimum 1180 SAT or 26 ACT score

http://www.unt.edu/admission/

those are the admissions standards for 2013 for unT and just as I said they are 30 SAT points higher and the same ACT for the 11-25% and they are 40 SAT points or 1 ACT higher for the 26-50% class rank and they are exactly the same for the 51-75% class rank

so just as I clearly stated the admissions requirements for UTSA are not higher than the requirements for TxState and if one considers the new 2013 UTSA admissions requirements higher than TxState then one would also have to consider those UTSA admissions standards higher than unT as well

what I said was clear as day and you obviously have no clue what you are talking about you can't have it both ways....if the 2013 admissions for UTSA are considered higher than TxState then they are also higher than unT as well