Post spring football series Part 2 — Running backs

Eagle-96

Jimmerson was the most impressive in the spring game IMO. He might not be the starter this year, but with a year or two to work continue to work on his size and speed combined with his already good feet, vision, and cuts I think he'll be a great back here. I am not as worried about RB as I am the secondary, but it's still a concern. Witfield/Jimmerson might be a year away from contributing and I don't know if Byrd is the answer. The passing game will have to improve for us to improve offensively next season. I have no doubt though, if Power gets 30+ receptions and Chancellor/Bynes/Delgado at the least improve marginally we'll have a great passing attack. Having 4 players on the field who can make a catch on any down will be huge for creating holes.

• Upvote 1

I am looking forward to watching Zac Whitfield. This young man is fast. 4.49 forty and ran the 100 yard dash in high school at 10.49.

This is why Whitfield really excited me coming out of high school. I love how his shoulders are always square with the line of scrimmage, and he is continually moving forward. Great, great speed equals a gamebreaker.

Lewis is my sleeper from this year's class.

The talent is there. No one really stands out but they are all good. Brown and Whitfield have speed and Byrd, Jimmerson and incoming Lewis have power. Each is intriguing in his own special way.

I'm not sure that it's that important to know who the starter is. A good line and more emphasis on passing will allow the running backs to be effective. I imagine that the one that gets the most playing time is the best blocker and/or the better receiver.