C-USA Future Schedule Question

Any information out there on how C-USA and the future basketball schedule will work? Do we play all teams twice or just west teams twice and east teams once. With a 14 team conference I can see how not all schools will play each other. I am looking forward to trips to Norfolk but realize we wont be going there that often for either football or basketball.

Edited by Mean Green Scrappy
  • Upvote 2

Any information out there on how C-USA and the future basketball schedule will work? Do we play all teams twice or just west teams twice and east teams once. With a 14 team conference I can see how not all schools will pay each other. I am looking forward to trips to Norfolk but realize we wont be going there that often for either football or basketball.

I believe that right now, it's 16 conference games- home and home in division, one game in the other division alternating home/away each year.

If that schedule holds over, it's a very clean and balanced 19 game conference schedule. A little more than most conferences, which usually top out at 18... But 19 instead of 18 seems reasonable if it means everyone plays everyone.

The other scenario, round robin in-division and every other year against the other division, would mean Old Dominion would only come to the Pit once every 4 years. Insert WKU joke here.

It's possible to keep an 18 game conference schedule but I don't know if they'll try it. The six home and away in your division is pretty much a given. There could be only six games in the other division, three home and three away and one sits out each year. I believe that it would be an easier program to balance so that the home/away part is over in one year.

I believe that right now, it's 16 conference games- home and home in division, one game in the other division alternating home/away each year.

If that schedule holds over, it's a very clean and balanced 19 game conference schedule. A little more than most conferences, which usually top out at 18... But 19 instead of 18 seems reasonable if it means everyone plays everyone.

The other scenario, round robin in-division and every other year against the other division, would mean Old Dominion would only come to the Pit once every 4 years. Insert WKU joke here.

A 19 game conference schedule seems resonable to me too. Playing the other division alternating home/away would make the most sense and in basketball everyone should play each other at least once IMO.

There is no way in hell the Sun Belt schedules WKU to Denton in our final year of the conference. Guess we'll plan one last trip to Bowling Green.

I'm pretty sure next season is a full home/home round robin schedule. Edited by CMJ

There is no way in hell the Sun Belt schedules WKU to Denton in our final year of the conference. Guess we'll plan one last trip to Bowling Green.

I'm pretty sure next season is a full home/home round robin schedule.

There's no reason to rule out a road trip/weekend flight to Bowling Green sometime around Christmas/New Year's. Home and home doesn't need to exclude the possibility of a visit to WKU.

There's no reason to rule out a road trip/weekend flight to Bowling Green sometime around Christmas/New Year's. Home and home doesn't need to exclude the possibility of a visit to WKU.

I was more commenting on the fact that Scrappy said that they wouldn't send WKU to Denton.

I am always up for any road trips. I just need to get out of this weekend job of mine by next fall.

I was more commenting on the fact that Scrappy said that they wouldn't send WKU to Denton.

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't thinking about Denver being gone now and having a smaller conference so they would change things up.

The wife was a lot more open to the Miami trip than the WKU christmas present I suggested. Go figure

• Upvote 1

Yes, I don't think we get any breaks at all on the conference schedule.

Can't blame the belt for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who would you blame?

It could always be worse. The CAA prohibits outgoing teams to participate in conference championship tournaments

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1