Starting Line-Up For Our First Game in C-USA

I'm well aware of how ridiculous a topic this is...but...I don't care...I'm bored tonight and I sure as hell don't want to talk about Appalachian State's potential conference move.

QB - Derek Thompson - Sr.

RB - Antione Jimmerson - Soph. / Brandin Byrd - Sr.

TE - Marcus Smith - Soph. / Drew Miller - Sr.

WR - Darius Terrell - Jr.

WR - Chaz Sampson - Soph.

WR - Brelan Chancellor - Sr.

OT - Antonio Johnson - Jr.

OT - Cam Feldt - Jr.

OG - Mason Y'Barbo - Jr.

OG - Cyril Lemon - Jr.

C - Boone Feldt - Soph.

DE - Brandon McCoy - Sr.

DE - Aaron Bellezin - Sr.

DT - Ryan Boutwell - Sr.

DT - Richard Abbe - Sr.

OLB - Will Wright - Sr.

MLB - Zachary Orr - Sr.

OLB - Chad Polk - Soph. / Kendall Washington - Soph.

CB - Freddie Warner - Jr.

CB - Xavier Kelly - Soph.

S - Marcus Trice - Sr.

S - David Busby - Soph.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 3

That's a pretty salty lineup. Still a little small in some spots on the defense mainly linebacker and I would like to see more speed at defensive end and tackle but not a bad squad to roll out into CUSA.

bigger question.... will they wear helmet stickers.... yes or no....why or why not..... ready...................................................go

Let me go on record by saying....I am not a fan of the sticker. I have nightmares with Ohio State helmets all over the place with buckeyes non-stop. I can't tell you how many times I've woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, too; sometimes even a fever. :sick:

:) GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Never though I'd live to see the day when one of CBL's threads was hijacked by a mod and Plummer.

This thread deserves a spot in the HOF.

For the record....I love CBLs posts on this board. We have all had so much to talk about in the last month and a half that the next set of big news (fall camp) seems so far away.

For the record....I love CBLs posts on this board. We have all had so much to talk about in the last month and a half that the next set of big news (fall camp) seems so far away.

At least all the off season activity got us through almost all the way through May (yes, I'm counting on residual threads to get us through the rest of the month) before helmet sticker talk and soon-to-come uniform talk reared it's very ugly head. Even political talk has been muted in an election year with all the happenings with the Mean Green, and that is always a great thing.

Now there is only 2 1/2 months for us to get bored with/pissed off at each other.

• Upvote 2

That's a dang good lineup and probably close to what it could look like. There have been plenty of discussions regarding the potential of the 2013 ball club, and thank goodness we will have that kind of roster heading into a schedule with Georgia, C-USA, and possibly some MWC teams.

I would add a name to the secondary who the coaches seem very excited about: Devante Davis, CB from Baton Rouge. Apparently he may be the most exciting recruit of the Coach Mac era thus far. They are very high on Xavier Kelly as well.

• Upvote 1

Never though I'd live to see the day when one of CBL's threads was hijacked by a mod and Plummer.

This thread deserves a spot in the HOF.

Double-A...at best...hijack. These guys need to improve location on their fastball, develop a semi-decent out-pitch and maybe start toying with a cutter before they can even consider a call-up.