Lance Dunbar - Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp

With all the craziness going on around here over the last 3-4 weeks, I felt that we needed a thread dedicated to tracking Dunbar and his progress with the Cowboys. It seems that he is making a good impression with the coaches, but I hope his is putting in overtime in the weight room. That seems to be the area that needs most improvement.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/05/local-product-lance-dunbar-looking-to-stick-as-a-running-back.html

Enjoy.

• Upvote 5

I'd love to see Dunbar become in Dallas what PC was in Miami. By all accounts, PC's work ethic was second to none. We'll see what Dunbar does with his opportunity,

I'd like to see Dunbar become the next Tony Dorset or Emmitt Smith.

• Upvote 1

That's mainly because he never was. He played a little TE before moving to receiver. The only reason he got a tryout is because he's an absolute freak of an athlete and had a good pro day.

Ok, how does a "freak of an athlete" not get any more time on the field than he did last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, how does a "freak of an athlete" not get any more time on the field than he did last year.

Just guessing, but maybe he's just now finding the right position. I thought that linebacker was the best position for our defense last year; who would he have taken LB playing time from?

I didn't know he played FB either.

It's funny what happens to these guys when you stick them in the mix with competent football coaches who know how to read a player's skill set and put him the right position to use it.

Oh, and...fullback is an important position in football. If it turns out we had a pro-quality fullback all along and were lining him up at WR...?