CUSA Football stadiums

mgfan

I don't know about y'all but i'm exciting about visting new stadiums and ones with fansactually in them. I'm most excited about going to the Utep and seeing that stadium. What about y'all? Any CUSA stadiums you are exciting about visiting?

• Upvote 1

I saw the UTSA band at the Fiesta Flambeau parade on Saturday night. They are crazy spirited and loud. Instead of marching and playing they stopped turned to both sides of the street and started dancing and playing. They are a mix of Grambling and UT - very loud and fun. We need to take the Green Brigade to San Antonio and I bet inside that Alamodome will be one of the best atmospheres in our new league. Throw in their 35,000 and our 5,000 - 7,000, two bands - incredible.

Now to quench the curiosity I want to go to West Virginia. I went to Morgantown last year and it was beautiful! I bet Marshall U with their statue tribute to the 70's team and mountain backdrop will be awesome.

GMG

UTEP is a drive but their stadium is awesome with the mountains in the backdrop and el paso is beautiful. Obviously new orleans and the superdome, and san antonio and the alamo dome will be good stadiums and areas to visit as well.

I hear that instead of a traditional halftime show that UTEP is actually going to import various drug cartels from Mexico and have them fight for glory. My money is on the Holy Santos.

VIVA LA MEXICO!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Word of warning: unless things have changed dramatically, don't go to Marshall. The 1988 playoff game there was a real pitiful chapter in Marshall football.

Wow. Our stadium kicks the sh!t out of dang near every single stadium left in that conference outside of the Sun Bowl. An empty Super Dome/Legion Field/Rice stadium look like great stadiums if they actually drew more than 15k to them....but 15k in those stadiums would drain all the atmosphere out of the place. Maybe the Alamodome is cool if UTSA can keep it at least half full? Short of that, I'll take Apogee over any other stadium in the conference.

Would like to visit East Carolina and UTEP. Been to Rice, nice setting and the Super Dome and Legion Field, besides being in poor shape is also in a pretty bad neighborhood, our so I have been told.

I hear that instead of a traditional halftime show that UTEP is actually going to import various drug cartels from Mexico and have them fight for glory. My money is on the Holy Santos.

VIVA LA MEXICO!

We got some Russians we can throw into the mix with the AFO, Juarez and Los Zetas.

Wow. Our stadium kicks the sh!t out of dang near every single stadium left in that conference outside of the Sun Bowl. An empty Super Dome/Legion Field/Rice stadium look like great stadiums if they actually drew more than 15k to them....but 15k in those stadiums would drain all the atmosphere out of the place. Maybe the Alamodome is cool if UTSA can keep it at least half full? Short of that, I'll take Apogee over any other stadium in the conference.

And here I thought it was the lop sided score that drained all the atmosphere out of Rice's stadium the last time many of us were there. I vote for a lop sided score in the other direction next time we visit.

Remember to tip your waiter...why I oughta...