On Your Conference Change

We'll enjoy one last hurrah against stAte and all our SBC buddies in the fall. After that, it's going to be skull crushing time from Christmas break all the way through the SBC conf. tourney in Hot Springs.

Best of luck in the future stAte fans. There are many of us who would rather have you guys come with us than nUTSAx.

• Upvote 2

I will miss the games with ASU, ULL and MTSU. Us four helped make the Belt what it is today. I am proud to have been associated with those schools and programs, and hope that in the future we play. Now ULM on the other hand....good ridance.

• Upvote 1

"nUTSAx"

Every once in a while a nickname that is so clever, and so fitting, comes along and I must adopt it into my vernacular. Oh, and attempt to use it so freely that I can fool someone into thinking I conjured it up myself.

So thanks. :thumbsu:

And I was always proud of "MUTS" that I coined. But "nUTSAx" is truly brilliant.

• Upvote 4

I normally have little good to say about schools changing conferences. The whole realignment thing has been out of control, stupid, and done for all the wrong reasons.

But out of all the schools changing it is North Texas that I have no bad feelings about. Your choice was done for the right reasons. To bring schools of regional interest into your stadium to increase the enjoyment of your fan base. You've been on an island too long and it will be good to see you part of Texas again.

We all know CUSA chose you for your market and other ignorant reasons. But they accidentally are getting a good conference member. They are lucky though a bunch of their fans probably don't know it.

You will probably catch some bad vibes from some in the Belt, but you leave the Sun Belt better than it was when you entered and have been a great partner over the years.

I will definitely be rooting for you and will be excited to see what happens.

I would ask one thing....don't forget where you came from and all your years with us. You know we are still fighting,

I'll miss MTSU, ARK St, and ULL. Hopefully you guys will rid yourselves of Bensen and regain potential. I'll always root for SBC teams.

Keep fighting the good fight.

• Upvote 1

And I was always proud of "MUTS" that I coined. But "nUTSAx" is truly brilliant.

You're the one who coined that, Deep? Gol' darn, I was sitting next to royalty at one of our games last

Fall and didn't even know it! How are all the don's down in Sicily doing by the way? :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1