Should we have permanent cross division rivals ? CUSA board.

MeanGreen61

Permanent cross-division rivals can be formed out of a need to reduce travel costs.

If we play 5 in our division and 3 in the other, maybe they designate one of those three as a permanent conference game every year and then the other two (one home and one away).

So let's say Tulane ends up in the East division. That is our permanent rival (hey, it's the Mean Green vs the Green Wave!).

That leaves 5 teams in the East. We would play Marshall at home in year one, play in WV in year 4. Something like this:

[td][table]

[/th] [th]1 2 3 4 5 [/table][/td] Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1

Sorry, not sure why there is so much white space before the table.

:fpc:

There is an error in the table but in the text editing box you can use the third button from the left (aqua colored square with a line in it) called "Special BBCode" which gives you some different table options. I admire you for doing tables, it's something I remain bad at LOL.

Rotate cross-divisional games. Why would we not want to bring ECU to Apogee every once in a while? Why would we want to play the same cross-divisional team every year? Variety, after all, is the spice of life.

I could see this kind of arrangement working if we had any history with the schools in the East. Maybe FIU could be our annual game. This model works for the SEC and Big 10, so it can work for CUSA.

Remember, we would still have 2 games that would rotate with the remaining 5 East division teams.

I don't like the idea of trying your darndest to create/force a rivalry. A rival naturally progresses and happens. Just go with the flow.

I agree with this, but the best rivalries are ones that happen every year...

The results of the previous year can be imediately contested the following year to heighten the drama...

There is nothing worse than two conference foes engaging in a classic, hotly contested game one season only to not play each again for 2 or 3 years...

There must be a happy medium somewhere...

Maybe flexible yearly scheduling to take advantange of budding rivalries...??

Sounds kinda weird, though...

• Upvote 1

[td][table]

[/th][th]1234

[td]Marshall[/td]

[td]X[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Y[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]ECU[/td]

[td]Y[/td]

[td][/td]