NT NFL Draft Drought

BIG DAWG

After another year w/out a Mean Green draft pick, I started wondering when that drought could end...in looking at the roster as it is, w/out incoming freshmen, who have obviously never played a down of college ball, I don't think we have any players to break the drought.

That is not saying we don't have talented college players, because we do, but I don't see a NFL draft type of player if someone like Dunbar can't get the call.

The strongest candidate I see may be Orr, but he is undersized at only 6'0" tall by NFL standards.

What do you guys think?

If Ivan Delgado has a big year, which is certainly a possibility, he has a very outside chance of getting drafted. He's got good size at 6'2" 210. He's got 4.45-4.5 speed. He's got a 40 inch vertical. He's ridiculously smooth. And he catches absolutely everything. The only thing going against him is that he's been at 3 different schools, so he hasn't gotten to settle in and make a huge impact. But if he puts up great numbers this year, he'll be on some radars. I'm not saying he'll get drafted, but out of the guys coming out next year, he has the best chance by far.

If Ivan Delgado has a big year, which is certainly a possibility, he has a very outside chance of getting drafted. He's got good size at 6'2" 210. He's got 4.45-4.5 speed. He's got a 40 inch vertical. He's ridiculously smooth. And he catches absolutely everything. The only thing going against him is that he's been at 3 different schools, so he hasn't gotten to settle in and make a huge impact. But if he puts up great numbers this year, he'll be on some radars. I'm not saying he'll get drafted, but out of the guys coming out next year, he has the best chance by far.

That seems quite a reach

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest the draft is political like anything else as well. We have to get someone to get the ball rolling then we will get back in the mix. Look at Case Keenum...didn't even get drafted. When I see a guy like Alfred Morris get drafted and Dunbar or Rainey don't it puzzles me. But then again a lot of guys make an impact who are Undrafted.

• Upvote 1