Lance Dunbar to Cowboys

NTerock

If he makes the team and that's a BIG if, he's going to be pretty much a special teams guy. Unless the Cowboys have injuries, which if you look at Murray's and Jones' history it's pretty much a given they will

Playing special teams is a must. If he can also be trusted to block in the backfield and protect Romo then he'll have a chance to see a few meaningful snaps at RB during the season.

• Upvote 1

Guest Guest

Some of you guys are clowns.. Felix is most definitely injury prone, but to say Murray is after his rookie season is flat out dumb. I don't care about what happened in college, it's about right now. He became a stud workhorse last year. First of all, it was a fractured ankle, he didn't blow out a knee. Injury prone has more to do with conditioning and injuries like hamstrings, muscles, etc. Someone fell on Murray's damn leg and broke his ankle, that isn't injury prone, that is unfortunate luck. Anyway, as a Haltom High and North Texas Alum, I am certainly rooting for Lance's success.

Some of you guys are clowns.. Felix is most definitely injury prone, but to say Murray is after his rookie season is flat out dumb. I don't care about what happened in college, it's about right now. He became a stud workhorse last year. First of all, it was a fractured ankle, he didn't blow out a knee. Injury prone has more to do with conditioning and injuries like hamstrings, muscles, etc. Someone fell on Murray's damn leg and broke his ankle, that isn't injury prone, that is unfortunate luck. Anyway, as a Haltom High and North Texas Alum, I am certainly rooting for Lance's success.

Just goes to show Murray isn't getting enough calcium as part of his preparation regiment. Where is the dedication? Dunbar drinks three tall glasses of milk a day to ensure he has strong bones. Passing up Murray on the depth chart should be a breeze.

I jest, of course. I noticed a couple interesting things in the DMN this morning. 1- I didn't see Dunbar's name mentioned at all. I'm used to NT getting overlooked, but I would have thought the story would have been in the paper since it was the Dallas Cowboys. Oh well.

2- Case Keenum didn't get drafted.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2006 (two-a-days): turf toe, redshirted as a result

2007: Dislocated kneecap

2008: Torn Hamstring requiring surgery

2009: Hamstring again

2010: None

2011 (preaseason): Hamstring again

2011 (season): broken ankle

I'd say that's injury prone. As long as Dallas has Jones and Murray, anyone sitting at third string will have a decent shot at being the man by the end of the season.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 4

If you love Demarco Murray so much why don't you just go make out with his face.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, DeMarco, I forgot it was your ankle and not knee.Quite frankly, the injury list is so long with you, I'm shocked I picked a body part that you haven't hurt.

But, I guess when you play for the 3rd best team (tied with the Stars) in a 4 team market, people kinda stop paying attention. Sorry.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for posting Craig Miller.

• Upvote 1

It's nice to say that all those guys are busts or injury prone, but the reality is they've also all contributed in some way in the NFL. People need to tap the brakes a little bit. Lance has a great opportunity here, and it's really good news. He'll have to contribute on special teams AND prove more valuable than Tanner in order to just make the 3rd string. Baby steps.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

2006 (two-a-days): turf toe, redshirted as a result

2007: Dislocated kneecap

2008: Torn Hamstring requiring surgery

2009: Hamstring again

2010: None

2011 (preaseason): Hamstring again

2011 (season): broken ankle

I'd say that's injury prone. As long as Dallas has Jones and Murray, anyone sitting at third string will have a decent shot at being the man by the end of the season.

2012:sprained foot

Are we still questioning whether or not DeMarco Murray is injury prone? The only questions now is whether Jones/Garrett will give Dunbar a shot since Felix Jones and the kid from Middle Tennessee aren't lighting it up in Murray's absence.

2012:sprained foot

Are we still questioning whether or not DeMarco Murray is injury prone? The only questions now is whether Jones/Garrett will give Dunbar a shot since Felix Jones and the kid from Middle Tennessee aren't lighting it up in Murray's absence.

Tanner isn't getting much of a chance right now either

Let's say in a few weeks the Boys are down 5, ball on the 3, with 2 seconds left on the clock... Lance is Breaking to the outside for the game winning score & only has 1 man to beat.... It's Craig Robertson !!! What will u do ?????

cheer for lance to stiff arm Craig into the first row.