UTSA Declined Invite to MWC?

UNTflyer

So, they have ONE year in FBS and they feel they have the clout to decline anything? Also, how could they have more invites than NT? If it is coming out that they have been invited and will join CUSA, where is our invite and to what conference? That last tidbit is what worries me.

So, they have ONE year in FBS and they feel they have the clout to decline anything? Also, how could they have more invites than NT? If it is coming out that they have been invited and will join CUSA, where is our invite and to what conference? That last tidbit is what worries me.

Uh, they have none.

• Upvote 1

Barry is just speculating (not his real name guys). That is just an opinion piece based off his obsessive following of the topic.

This is really typical reaction of UNT-ers. I get it but I don't subscribe to it. It demeans us, yo.

UTSA getting the invite is just a function of the current climate, methinks. They are all potential and (relatively limited) TV market. I figure the sell is this: "They sold out the first game! Averaged 35K! All of the 7th largest city is behind them! Alamodome!"

Whereas, when trying to sell LaTech and other squads that have been bouncing around conferences, you have actual numbers and history messing up the positive vibes.

I also think that is the reason UNCC is getting so much love.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If Tech gets in I wouldn't be surprised if they go East and Tulane goes West since they like the private schools in Rice & Tulsa

I could see C-USA wanting to split up the privates a bit. But since Tulane has been in the West and LaTech will be the newcomer, you're probably right. Unless Tulane wants to move east, y'all will probably be there.

• Upvote 1