It seems like I have missed a bunch!

KingDL1

So we are headed to the C*USA? Harry

We have a new basket ball coach? Are we happy with him? Tasty

How did the the recruiting class turn out? TFLF

I want to thank UNT90 for keeping me up to date on several things!

• Upvote 4

King! I've been wondering where the hell you been? That work stuff is overrated! Welcome back!

Yes - from the reports were getting - it does appear that you may be needing to make a lot more of those outstanding meatballs for your tailgates in future years!

King! I've been wondering where the hell you been? That work stuff is overrated! Welcome back!

Yes - from the reports were getting - it does appear that you may be needing to make a lot more of those outstanding meatballs for your tailgates in future years!

Thanks Harry I can do that!

Give me a call one of these days

• Upvote 2

Dear DL,

Needed depth in the secondary - signed 5, 1 JUCO, 4 preps. Happy that McCarney didn't panic and oversign JUCO DBs.

2011 OL was surprisingly decent, so it wasn't a glaring need anymore. But, we still picked up one 3-star player there.

Landed a couple of 3-star WRs, a position where we were thin last year. Hopefully, Chaz Sampson emerges enough to be able to redshirt one of them.

Needed DL help, specifically at DT - only signed one DT with any real size. Signed a second one that weighs in at 240. I'm still worried about the DT position; although we do have some experience there for 2012.

Got 3 DEs. Would have rather seen 3 DTs and 2 DEs instead of the other way around; but, you get what you get...and, hope to hell McCarney knows what he's doing.

Other than that, I think we filled in enough to get some depth via redshirting. Unless they are just studs in August, I'm not sure why we wouldn't redshirt all 4 LBs we signed. We signed a pair of RBs who should both be able to redshirt.

Class by position:

DBs - 5

LBs - 4

DEs - 3

OLs - 3

DTs - 2

RBs - 2

WRs - 2

With only Lance gone on offense (yes, I know a big, big "only" considering....), the offense wasn't much of a concern. Glad to see 14 of the 21 signees on the defensive side of the ball; and, best of all, only one of them JUCO!

Now, we just wait to see which ones actually make their grades/test scores. As thin as the secondary is, it'll be a hit if one or two of those don't qualify.

• Upvote 2

Oh...and, there was a recruiting debate on whether or not to sign a QB every class. We seem to be set there; but, 2010 kind of showed us you really need to be four QBs deep.

Really good stuff Guys. TFLF thank you for such a detailed and well laid out post. I enjoyed the read and now I am ready to tailgate.

FYI, I was heading north on 35W this afternoon. Just as I was leaving the N. Fort Worth area I passed a billboard that said, "Estimated time 21 - 24 minutes until Alliance."

I think the city knows something.

+1