ESPN Blog: Fran strong candidate for UNT job

KoldBeer

Maybe he wasn't interested.

Earleir this year, my son and I went down to Waco to watch the Kansas-Baylor mismatch. After the game, my son and I went down to the floor to meet and greet some fo the players and I started up a conversation with Fraschilla. He asked where we drove from and I told him that we lived in Prosper, so we usually go over to the Super Pit and watch Tony Mitchell and the Mean Green. His eyes got huge and he shook his head and his exact words were, "tony Mitchell is a STUD...that guy would ahve flet just fine tonight against the players on the floor." Keep in mind that the lineup on the floor for postmen included Thomas Robinson, Jeff Withey, Quincy Acy, and Perry Jones III. That's probably 4 NBA lottery picks (or at least close to it). When Fran's name came up in all of this, that conversation was the first thing I thought about.

As far as why he wasn't mentioned in the SMU job, he knows that cupboard is bare and that winning at SMU in the Big East is going to take a miracle. He can go to the NCAAs RIGHT NOW if things go right for him at UNT, as well as in the years to come. That won't happen at either SMU or TCU any time soon. In SMUs case, think decades...

yes she is...as long as she can count edges, faces, and vertices...she will be fine in that area.

Have you seen the released questions? We have been pushed to the edge to cover everything... but I am in Denton isd... the pressure is on come tomorrow

Edited by Skiver

Larry Brown formally welcomed to the Hilltop

By Billy Embody

Email: wembody@smu.edu

Published: Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Updated: Monday, April 23, 2012 15:04

Former SMU coach Matt Doherty, current Kansas coach Bill Self, ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla and current members of the board of trustees were in attendance. SMU athletic director Steve Orsini said the process was very deliberate, but in the end SMU got who they wanted.

Got to hang out with a few of the basketball players after the spring game over at my house. Not going to drop names but those three that were there all said they were 100 percent sure that they were staying. And they also did say they were Team Fran all the way as am I and as we all should be.

GMG

Oz?

• Upvote 2

Have you seen the released questions? We have been pushed to the edge to cover everything... but I am in Denton isd... the pressure is on come tomorrow

oh ya...i'm in disd as well...3d objects in third grade isn't a big deal...the questions are much deeper now, more thought and problem solving, but if a teacher is teaching, the test isn't a problem...for the record, i don't teach to the test...i teach what they need to know to succeed...

and can north texas afford fran???

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 2

Got to hang out with a few of the basketball players after the spring game over at my house. Not going to drop names but those three that were there all said they were 100 percent sure that they were staying. And they also did say they were Team Fran all the way as am I and as we all should be.

GMG

Music to our ears man! Thanks so much for the good news! GMG!

Also welcome to the site! +1 on me,

and can north texas afford fran???

Well, if Shawn Forrest is headed east at 65 miles per hour, and Tony Benford has been in league with Satan for a number of years equal to the square root of 25... How many days does it take until we finally pull the trigger and hire Fran Fraschilla?

Show your work on the scratch paper provided.

Well, if Shawn Forrest is headed east at 65 miles per hour, and Tony Benford has been in league with Satan for a number of years equal to the square root of 25... How many days does it take until we finally pull the trigger and hire Fran Fraschilla?

Show your work on the scratch paper provided.

I really wish we could give mods +1's.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

GMG

could you maybe tell us their position, average height and what high school they graduated from?

This isn't the Godfather, no one at SMUt is going to put a gun to his head and assure him his signature or his brains will be on it. He seems smart enough to stay out of that coaching graveyard.

Are we sure? Do we know where Craig James is, What about how those hookers were killed?

• Upvote 2