More on Mike Petersen

Brett Vito

Sounds like we've likely opened up the purse strings in hiring away a veteran ACC coach on the women's side. A nice sign that we mean business. Great hire!

Good point. I wonder what his salary will be. It's been noted he has raised attendence where he has been before so hopefully that will happen here as well.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure the class is already complete . . . his first main recruiting job is making sure they all stay on board.

Actually it is not, there is at least one ship open. Aston had what looked like a great commit, 6' 250 and averaged 35 pts a game in TX 4a conference games. Don't know what her status is now, but she may be still available. Also had at least one national level guard commited for next year which I doubt NT gets now.

• Upvote 1

Actually it is not, there is at least one ship open. Aston had what looked like a great commit, 6' 250 and averaged 35 pts a game in TX 4a conference games. Don't know what her status is now, but she may be still available. Also had at least one national level guard commited for next year which I doubt NT gets now.

I thought both players had already signed their letter of intent? Obvioulsly though i could be very wrong about that.

• Upvote 1

I thought both players had already signed their letter of intent? Obvioulsly though i could be very wrong about that.

WBB Inks 5 in early signing period

Taylor, Goodwin named all-state

Four WBB signees named all-state

5 recruits early signed, the one I referred to has only committed and can still sign if she hasn't already with another team. So there should be 1 ship left for Peterson to use.

Aston had a real good early class and has according to her; her best point at NT becoming eligible next season after red shirting, Dawkins. Peterson should have a good team to work with.

• Upvote 1

What was his salary at WF versus what he is going to get here at NT? Just out of curiosity why did he make the move of a higher profile ACC job and come here? Just a curious question...but I love the fact that it happened.

Probably because he had been at Wake for 8 years without a real breakout season, however when the salary info becomes available it will paint more of the picture for us.

• Upvote 1

What was his salary at WF versus what he is going to get here at NT? Just out of curiosity why did he make the move of a higher profile ACC job and come here? Just a curious question...but I love the fact that it happened.

Wake board said he was making 200K. Aston was making around 175K.

My complete guess is he will make somewhere around 275K here.

Complete guess.