Do we have a short list?

emmitt01

I'm not talking about a list of coaches that our fans think are likely, I wanna know if RV has a short list. And no, assuming that he "must" isn't acceptable. When the LSU job, the SMU job an the TCU job opened the lists of "names we're hearing" were almost instantaneous. Does NT really have a de facto drag your feet policy as it seems?

Edited by emmitt01

I'm not talking about a list of coaches that our fans think are likely, I wanna know if RV has a short list. And no, assuming that he "must" isn't acceptable. When the LSU job, the SMU job an the TCU job opened the lists of "names we're hearing" were almost instantaneous. Does NT really have a de facto drag your feet policy as it seems?

T-Mac said Friday he already heard two well-known names, but was sworn to double secrecy.

With the women's opening Rick took a week to gather resume's and to define exactly what they were looking for. Then a second week for interviews. One interview was last weeks and supposedly a second one was this weekend.

I would think the men's search would be similar. It could go quicker if a well-known or a slam-dunk resume comes across RV's desk.

With the women's opening Rick took a week to gather resume's and to define exactly what they were looking for. Then a second week for interviews. One interview was last weeks and supposedly a second one was this weekend.

I would think the men's search would be similar. It could go quicker if a well-known or a slam-dunk resume comes across RV's desk.

As for those slam-dunk resumes,I'm still hoping that Vito reports soon that Matt Daniel is being considered for the women's position. He mentioned Daniel a little while back, and even quoted him if I remember right, but haven't heard anything since.

Of course he has a short list and I'll bet he's working every angle he can.

Capel is certainly an interesting name and something I could live with because he's from the Coach K school and mold and he's still really young I think. Tho from my recollection he was pretty meh when he didn't have Blake Griffin on his teams.

Well, being saddled with NCAA restrictions from when Sampson was there doesn't help. But he did convince 3 five-star recruits to go to OU to play basketball, so he can obviously recruit. Having Griffin definitely doesn't hurt, but he was the one that got him to go there.