Scrimmage thoughts and Berglund updates from Vito

Harry

I was on the hook to design the paper today and am just now getting back to the blog following UNT's scrimmage this morning.

It was a pretty interesting day.

Brock Berglund, the quarterback from Colorado who spent some time at Kansas and is looking for a new home, was still around. I ran him down and got a quick interview. He seems like a good guy, and he certainly looks the part.

Most stories that have been written on where he stands in the decision-making process have listed him as essentially being down to UNT and Florida International. He said that he has visited UCLA, Miami and UNLV recently as well.

What I wondered is how UNT became involved in recruiting a quarterback from Colorado (he actually grew up not too far from where I did) who spent a short time at Kansas. UNT's connection is assistant coach Kent Riddle, who recruited Berglund while he was an assistant at Colorado.

Berglund was impressed with UNT's new stadium and Dan McCarney. He is in no hurry to make a decision, though.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2012/04/some-scrimmmage-thoughts-and-n.html