Conference change & OOC scheduling

ntmeangreen11

name='PlummMeanGreen' timestamp='1336164755' post='643105']

Schedule up--not lateral (CUSA is as lateral as we need to schedule) and--never schedule down. I defer to what Mr. Einstein said in the signature below.

GMG!

I think that the scheduling of those MWC for OOC will be easier if a true alliance is being worked on. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us play a Nevada or a Colorado State. The only thing that worries me is if those teams already have schedules that can't really be rearranged. I guess we'll see how it goes. Just don't play away games at big AQ teams in the same year as other away $$$ games. I don't want to see us play at Texas and at Ole Miss because Ole Miss pays a bunch of cash. If Ole Miss wants to schedule a home-and-home, then that is fine. The big thing is just getting games at home, not anymore $$$ games with no return.

I vote no to scheduling SBC schools for 2013 on. We need a clean break. I think we should be able to fill our OOC schedule just fine with MWC schools.

We haven’t even got our foot out the door and you don’t want to play Sun Belt teams? Texas State could be a very good home-and-home series that is close enough to have a large following.

We have worked hard and invented in our athletics and the University as a whole to be in a position to “move on”, but sorry if I don’t see where we are in a place to where we are “above” Sun Belt schools.

Edited by El Paso Eagle

Won't we be able to schedule some MWC teams?? Air Force, Nevada, or CSU sounds pretty damn good to me. I can't believe no on has mentioned the MWC teams yet!

Depending on what happens with the whe merged thing, if CUSA and MWC remain separate and have a "championship" game between the 2 conference winners, I would bet there would be an OOC agreement between the conferences, also.

That would only make sense.

• Upvote 1