Chris Jones Tweet

cl_1_2008

We've got a nucleus, I know they want Forrest because they know him, but they still have each other. They play at the rec all the time, you have to think they enjoy each other. Seemed to have fun with each other on the road too. I'd hate for them to lose that just because of coach Jones getting his pay day.

Rick V. needs to be real open with these guys, especially if he doesn't have Forrest in mind.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

"Don't feel too good, time to make big boy decisions..."

Damn, this sucks.

then he will probably make the wrong choice...his big boy decision to screw off in class already cost this team...who knows what this big boy decision will do now...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Classy.

But is it not true? The team owes him nothing after he failed to take care of his business and handicapped the season. He's definitely a great player, but if he's threatening to leave then there's no point in rooting for him to stick around.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

then he will probably make the wrong choice...his big boy decision to screw off in class already cost this team...who knows what this big boy decision will do now...

Exactly. Jones let the team down last year. We wouldn't have bad to bet on next year, we could've had our big year last year. Jones ruined it as much as JJ leaving (may have) ruined next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Chris made a mistake. He manned up, admitted it and apologized. No reason to drag the past thru the mud again.

If he wants to man up again and tough this out, make things right he will do it . If he wants to run from his problems then let him run.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

I don't think a load of transfers that have to sit out will help LSU this year, and I don't see Coach Jones going "scorched earth" on NT and burning bridges by encouraging our kids to transfer should they approach him.

• Upvote 1