My Wish List for Our Next Coach

I think the players will stay regardless of who the coach is. That said, I'd be in favor of hiring Forrest if that's 100% who the players wanted, but let's not rule out the fact that it's usually better to hire a coach who's "been there done that". Now I don't know who that coach would be, but if it's not Forrest, it needs to be done in the next ten days. And his first nine days need to be spent meeting with the players and making sure that they stay.

At this point, I'm 50/50 between Forrest & a new coach. If I had to choose though, honestly, I would hire a new coach with skins on the wall & a winning record. I know we probably can't break the bank with this hire, but money shouldn't be an issue. There will be a lot of coaches nationwide wanting a chance to coach TM & the rest of this team. They'll probably do it for JJ's price or less too. A change of pace could be exactly what this team needs, the hiring standards have changed here. We should do what the bigger schools are doing to us, and cherry pick a guy from a lesser program. I don't want to hire a random assistant from a Big 6 school. We need a young coach with DFW ties, who could maybe keep Forrest on.

Recruiting is the most important aspect at this level. Any coach talent.

Well, Trilli brought in a Top 25 class and did nothing with it. They all ended up transferring elsewhere and Trilli's claim to fame was bringing in the green seats.