La. Tech getting CUSA/MWC visit tomorrow

Harry

Much like Utah St. and San Jose, Louisiana Tech will have their visit by CUSA/MWC officials tomorrow.

The agenda includes a meeting with local politicians from across N. Louisiana, Independence Bowl officials and Hall of Fame players Terry Bradshaw, Fred Dean and Karl Malone. Lunch will be in the president's office and a tour of university and athletic facilities follow.

Read more: http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=565271

"The agenda includes a meeting with local politicians from across N. Louisiana, Independence Bowl officials and Hall of Fame players Terry Bradshaw, Fred Dean and Karl Malone. Lunch will be in the president's office and a tour of university and athletic facilities follow."

Hellsbells, dig up the casket and bring in Huey P. Long to this gathering! :rolleyes::blink: ....also the ghosts of Justin Wilson, Al Hirt, Pete Fountain, Tom Dempsey, Paul Dietzel, Billy Cannon...I'm talking the 'A" team here! :P

Seriously, good luck Tech'sters . :o I fear multiple non-stop nervous break-downs over at BB&B if the Dawgs don't get in this conference. They would (in deed) have an

instant rival with North Texas.

Yada, yada, yada.....Once attended one of our games at Shrevesport's Fair Park Stadium, circa 197?, and if not for a last minute LTU offensive drive fumble at the Mean Green 2 yard line caused by UNT's Walter Chapman, Hayden Fry's Mean Green would have come home after that game in a very bad mood--as well as this (then) new alum. (Why in Lucifer of Hades Woeful Name isn't the late Walter Chapmon in the North Texas Athletic Hall of Fame? I know many with less talent who are and so do many of you).:ph34r:

I cannot remember any of Fry's team ever losing to the Bulldogs; now for the next 6 or 7 UNT HFC's during our "trying to find our true identity" post future College Football Hall of Fame inductee Fry's departure from Denton, we began to lose more than we won against La Tech. (Wish we would have stuck with the identity we really started to have with Fry's tenure in Denton and maybe we would have avoided our multi-decade wandering in the NCAA wildnerness which included 12 years in 1-AA). It has been quite a journey for many of us Old Gun Alums but at last we seem to have found our map and directions again. I digress....(as usual). :lol:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"The agenda includes a meeting with local politicians from across N. Louisiana, Independence Bowl officials and Hall of Fame players Terry Bradshaw, Fred Dean and Karl Malone. Lunch will be in the president's office and a tour of university and athletic facilities follow."

Hellsbells, dig up the casket and bring in Huey P. Long to this gathering! :rolleyes::blink: ....also the ghosts of Justin Wilson, Al Hirt, Pete Fountain, Tom Dempsey, Paul Dietzel, Billy Cannon...I'm talking the 'A" team here! :P

Seriously, good luck Tech'sters . :o I fear multiple non-stop nervous break-downs over at BB&B if the Dawgs don't get in this conference. They would (in deed) have an

instant rival with North Texas.

Yada, yada, yada.....Once attended one of our games at Shrevesport's Fair Park Stadium, circa 197?, and if not for a last minute LTU offensive drive fumble at the Mean Green 2 yard line caused by UNT's Walter Chapman, Hayden Fry's Mean Green would have come home after that game in a very bad mood--as well as this (then) new alum. (Why in Lucifer's Hades isn't Walter Chapmon in the North Texas Athletic Hall of Fame? I know many with less talent who are and so do many of you).:ph34r:

I cannot remember any of Fry's team ever losing to the Bulldogs; now for the next 6 or 7 UNT HFC's during our "trying to find our true identity" post future College Football Hall of Fame inductee Fry's departure from Denton, we began to lose more than we won against La Tech. (Wish we would have stuck with the identity we really started to have with Fry's tenure in Denton and maybe we would have avoided our multi-decade wandering in the NCAA wildnerness which included 12 years in 1-AA). It has been quite a journey for many of us Old Gun Alums but at last we seem to have found our map and directions again. I digress....(as usual). :lol:

GMG!

Huey P. Long's ghosts couldn't make it so we went and got the spirit of Marie Laveau to make an appearance

• Upvote 1

Personally I think y'all would be a great team for us to play every year. It's not to far and our fans can travel back and fourth easily. There are two problems though. 1. I generally drink to much when I go anywhere in Louisiana and make my wife angry. 2. Unless my television is lying to me there seems to be problems with Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Ferries, Shape Shifters, and so on all running amuck in your schools neck of the woods. This unruly behavior can't be tolerated by potential visting teams nor ignored by those visiting officials tomorrow. (For those without HBO disregard number 2)

You would have to try really hard to get drunk in Lincoln Parish (Ruston). I don't know why a woman from Arkansas who wrote True Blood couldn't get any of the geography right, from what I gather the show would take place somewhere between Ruston and Shreveport

• Upvote 1