Comments from Tulsa's Prez

Harry

Chatted with the TU president last week..

I have some friends on Tulsa's staff, so I got to stand in on a few of their practices. While watching practice on Wednesday, I met and got to shoot the breeze with TU's pres. Of course, I asked about LaTech's prospects in being included in the alliance. He said, "I'd feel pretty good about it if I were you." He told me that Reneau has been in contact with him personally and provided a favorable presentation of our school and athletic programs. Said that both Reneau and the AD (whom he has not spoken with personally) have been "proactive" in the process. He was also extremely optimistic about the alliance itself and made it seem as though Tulsa is excited about being associated with it.

Incidentally, Tulsa looked very talented and sharp. I bet they win C-USA in 2012. There is a reason I promoted Bill Blankenship during our last coaching search. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with Dykes! But Blankenship is an excellent coach which is why I posted his name on here and called Steve Davison in hopes that we'd give him a look...

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?103148-Chatted-with-the-TU-president-last-week..

Seems to have been a moratorium of silence lately on La Tech, but they are still the masters of smoke and mirrors no matter what you think about their program.

Their budget and present athletic venues (and always "never-ending" plans to enhance those) fit more in the 'Belt than where they would prefer to be plus.... they've certainly beat their drums quite loudly on the basis of one football season.

Comparatively, North Texas 'got no' mileage out of 4 straight NO's Bowl appearances and even after beating a CUSA school in one of those. If we knew back then what we know today we should have shot for the moon & put out feelers about a Big East consideration.:rolleyes:

GMG!