Georgia State to Sun Belt HAS NOT been approved

Harry

Sun Belt commissioner Karl Benson said his conference hasn’t decide to invite Georgia State, and that he will not be in Atlanta on Thursday.

Benson’s comments contradict a report on CBSSports.com that the presidents of the Sun Belt voted earlier this week to invite Georgia State, and that Benson will be in Atlanta on Thursday to likely extend an invitation.

“No invitations have been extended, no decisions have been made,” he said. “We have had a continued dialogue.”

Read more: http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2012/04/03/benson-gsu-to-sun-belt-hasnt-been-approved/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_state_sports

Totally irrelevant. We won't be conference mates long.

Hope your right, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Why in hell would Sun Belt presidents vote to invite Ga St. when their are so many more options out there. This story stank from the start and I sincerely hope it isn't true.

I have NO DESIRE to be in a conference with another FBS start up.

NONE.

• Upvote 1

Should I point out CUSA (and the "alliance") both have been talking to FBS startup Charlotte? I'd still be willing to join CUSA if they included a FBS move up.

Bet ya a $10 donation to the board that CUSA, the MWC, or both do not take ANY FBS start ups.

Are we on?

• Upvote 1