Goodbye Coach Aston

Harry

gallery_1_77_14188.jpg

While we are all sorry to lose you we are grateful for the things you accomplished here. Our women's basketball program has improved tremendously since you arrived. Congratulations on your new position at Texas and we all wish you the best.

Go Mean Green!

Aston was a great coach for NT and hopefully at least jump started the team into the right direction. I don't think anyone would turn down UT and hundred of thousands in additional pay to stay at NT, but on the other hand: I am not going to thank any coach for signing a long term contract with NT and jumping after one year.

I hope at some point, Universities actually try to enforce contracts and make them beneficial to both parties. This an example of why I rant about long term coach's contracts, they are completely one sided.

• Upvote 4

I am not going to thank any coach for signing a long term contract with NT and jumping after one year.

It sucks, but I suspect you'd do the exact same thing. I know I would. Not a lot of opportunities for women's basketball coaches to make big money. You take the chance when you can. And whether anyone on this board likes it or not, Texas is a big opportunity. One that 99% of the coaching population wouldn't turn down.

I wish her all the best!

• Upvote 2

Congrats to Coach Aston.

All things aside, this is a great move for her and an opportunity that does not come along often. This is a move from a mid-major to a BCS/Major program.

I wish her well. I wish she would stay because she did such a great job turning around the UNT WBB program. I hope she can do the same at UT...just not against UNT.

I hope the UNT Athletic Department will find a coach that will continue the progress Aston started.

• Upvote 2

Congrats to Coach Aston.

All things aside, this is a great move for her and an opportunity that does not come along often. This is a move from a mid-major to a BCS/Major program.

I wish her well. I wish she would stay because she did such a great job turning around the UNT WBB program. I hope she can do the same at UT...just not against UNT.

I hope the UNT Athletic Department will find a coach that will continue the progress Aston started.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here, but I the more I think about this, the more pissed I get. Yeah, I know it's her dream job and all that bullsh, but as a fan of the school she gave the middle finger to, I have a right to be pissed at her for using us as a resume builder for only one season, then to on a whim jump ship.

Did she at least have the guts to tell the players face to face, or did she send them an e-mail from karanaston@ut.edu?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think we can all agree that coach Aston did well here.

I think we can all lament that her regime was too short.

But for all you mad guys, flip the table and imagine your "dream job" is offered to you while you are in a pretty nice spot already. Do you take it? If you say no, you're probably lying, or you're not challenging yourself enough. I can't blame her for jumping at this opportunity.

• Upvote 3

I think we can all agree that coach Aston did well here.

I think we can all lament that her regime was too short.

But for all you mad guys, flip the table and imagine your "dream job" is offered to you while you are in a pretty nice spot already. Do you take it? If you say no, you're probably lying, or you're not challenging yourself enough. I can't blame her for jumping at this opportunity.

I understand and agree with what you said, but don't we have a right to be pissed about it?