Season Ticket Renewals & The Merger

shaft

the family section is in the wingzone

casual fans that are hurting in this economy don't drop cash for season tickets...so the price doesn't matter to them. it'd be great if they were a bit cheaper or offered better home games, but that isn't happening this season. oh well...it's still a steal of a price to watch our team play in the kickass facility that is apogee!!!

i've got seats on the top row of the lower bowl around the 35 northside...can't beat it!!!

Edited by THOR

Getting my Master's in '10, I was able to jump on the Young Alum pricing. They didn't restrict me to the Young Alum section (student side corner) and let me grab my seats in 208 with the discount. I would imagine they would work something out for family packs as well to fill the Alumni side, or at least consider it. When I decide to start dragging my two kids (still 1 and 3.5) to the games I'll see about the family pack pricing - but if I gotta move, I'll be shelling out the 500 bucks for my family to sit in the same kick-a seats and not in the Zone.

My seats at $105 / each a season are a bargin and I would feel the same if they were $120.

• Upvote 1

Talked to a friend of mine recently who has a kid playing HS football...he said their HS football season tickets are pretty darn close to that if you want reserved seats in the middle of the field.

Ticket prices at UNT are a bargain! There really is a price level for just about everyone....the ardent fan, the casual fan, the recent grad, the student...etc., etc.

I understand what NT03 is trying to say, so no argument with the idea, but just feel that ticket prices at UNT are really decent and there are many ranges and price point levles...everyone who is at all interested should be able to come to Apogee and enjoy UNT football without breaking the bank.

• Upvote 1

Family section is actually the lower bowl beneath the wingzone. I love my seats, corner of the endzone. At less than $15 per seat a game plus 4 drinks and 4 offerings of grub it is the best deal in town. For those considering, you can get on a 3 - 4 month payment plan, break it up and become part of the family.

the family section is in the wingzone

casual fans that are hurting in this economy don't drop cash for season tickets...so the price doesn't matter to them. it'd be great if they were a bit cheaper or offered better home games, but that isn't happening this season. oh well...it's still a steal of a price to watch our team play in the kickass facility that is apogee!!!

i've got seats on the top row of the lower bowl around the 35 northside...can't beat it!!!

• Upvote 2

$24 per game. Sorry , but the casual fan is not going to buy that for this kind of schedule..

I think the real point of this is looking at value. Is a game between UNT and Texas Southern worth $24? Depends on who you ask, I suppose, but to most people, its not. Is $24 a good value to watch two Sun Belt teams play? Again, it depends on the buyer. Our attendance--from the ticket buyers and especially from those who can get in for free (students), the value proposition isn't really there. But, for those of us on gmg, its definitely a huge value because we love our school and our team. Unfortunately, we are in the vast minority--unless we are playing someone that people have actually heard of and care about. Maybe we are chasing the proverbial rabbit here, but this is why an Alliance berth would make a difference here. Maybe its only a 5-10% attendance boost, but I think if you win in that conference setup, you can average 20k or more rather easily. Its been proven you can't do that here in the SBC.

And, btw, I hear a lot of bitching about season ticket pricing (value) from Longhorn fans, too. For the unreal costs of donation just to get to buy expensive season tickets, Texas is offering home games this year against Wyoming, New Mexico, West Virginia, Iowa State and TCU on Thanksgiving. Again, value is in the eye of the buyer. UT hopes to be good, but if not, attendance will suffer. On the other hand, the Aggies play this home schedule this year, with the same caveats as UT for season ticket buyers--big donations to buy season tickets. Of course, the Aggies get this home schedule this year: Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Sam Houston, and Mizzou. On paper, Aggies fans get the upper hand with the opponents, but their team is probably going to be luck to win two of those home games, so is that a good value or not? It just depends.

The question about what is value will always be difficult to define--is it value to watch your team play whoever is on the schedule? Is it value to watch your team be able to win against a schedule that your fans (or casual fans) don't care much about? Or is it a value to wacth great teams come to your town with very little chance of winning? The right answers are all intertwined in all three, most likely.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1