Women Recruits

buff64

Good articles on the two young women from the Austin area that have signed with UNT.Hyder the player from Austin LBJ really sounds like a player , she was the district player of the year all 4 of her years in HS. Taylor the Pflugerville player Was the Centex player of the year and was all district all 4 years in HS.

P.S. Hyder can also play QB.

The articles are in today's Austin American Statesman

Edited by buff64
  • Upvote 2

Alexis Hyder is a commit at this point and hopefully a signee. Great numbers, wow; 35 pt average in district. I have seen reports that Aston also has a 2013 commit from Haley Jenkins a national ranked 5'10 guard. She played for class 1a Martin Mill but is apparently a great prospect. Saw where she scored over 50 in one game and her team lost in the state finals.

Aston continues to impress.

Correction: I assumed Hyder was a 2013 commit but she is a senior, so she could be playing here next year.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

Aston, Mac and JJ are the best recruiting coaches of the "Big 3" sports I think we've ever had at NT at the same time. Love what they are doing with their teams and very excited for the future. I think all three had underrated seasons as coaches this year. Underappreciated may be more appropriate.

Mac took a team that had experienced nothing but losing and almost had us bowl eligible.

Aston took a team that was in disarray and has them playing lights out for a number of games Ans exceeded anyone's expectations.

JJ had a team full of newcomers/freshmen and lost two of his top producers and scorers at mid-season and regrouped and led the team to the conference tournament finals again. This could have been his best job coaching since coming here.

Love what the future holds.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be very difficult for NT to hold on to Aston's commits, luckily she signed 5 early recruits. Hopefully, NT can get a coach that can hang on to most of them.

Luckily, you sign an LOI with a School's name on it... not a coach's.

They'll be here next year, unless they back out of their LOI, in which case they would be treated like a transfer and would have to sit out a year, correct?

Luckily, you sign an LOI with a School's name on it... not a coach's.

They'll be here next year, unless they back out of their LOI, in which case they would be treated like a transfer and would have to sit out a year, correct?

She had at least two very good commits who haven't signed anything. Signees can also ask for releases, but I doubt NT would grant them.