Spring Two Deep and MGB Updates

Harry

Do you think Lemon or Cam Feldt is going to sit???

Not going to happen

Hate to break the bad news to you, but yeah, Feldt is going to sit. Interesting that you're willing to place someone you've never seen play in the starting lineup simply because of his recruiting rating. Y'Barbo, Fortenberry, and Lemon are 100% locks to start, barring injury.

Interesting thing I see is Hilbert Jackson starting at corner, and DQ Johnson behind him. Maybe I'm wrong, but that scares me a lot. I didn't see much from Jackson last season, maybe someone else has better insight, but I was hoping for DQ Johnson to at least be an average SBC corner. I'm really excited to see what Freddie Warner, Laramie Lee, and Kerry Swarn can do over the next 3 years.

The JUCO guys always start out as backups on the spring roster...I bet he starts when everything is said and done

Hate to break the bad news to you, but yeah, Feldt is going to sit. Interesting that you're willing to place someone you've never seen play in the starting lineup simply because of his recruiting rating. Y'Barbo, Fortenberry, and Lemon are 100% locks to start, barring injury.

I don't know why you find that hard to believe...

I think everyone here expected him to start for that reason when we got him. I think every school, big or small expects their 4* players to start. When they don't it is somewhat a disappointment...especially at a Sunbelt school that doesn't see as much 4* talent.

and yes...I do know that rankings aren't everything

Edited by BIG DAWG
  • Upvote 2

Sorry if this was mentioned before but exactly why is Jeremy ahead of Stock in the two deep?

I was wondering this same thing. I know Jeremy is the senior and has played well, but I think Stok has played his equal and is younger...with what I think would be more upside. We'll see if this position battle stays the same

Rivals can be wrong they're not perfect, and Cam never deserved to be a 4* player. He blocked 180 pound DE's in 2A high school and hasn't been able to adjust to guys his size.

I recall him dominating the match ups in all the footage I saw that the athletic dept released of fall camp where the offense and defense was battling for the belt

I also think you're drastically underrating the talent found in smaller schools...

Edited by BIG DAWG
  • Upvote 1

you must of forgot how good he was post injury

Jeremy had a good game against MTSU with 4 tackles. Stock did not play in that game at all. Against WKU Stock had 5 tackles and Jeremy had 2. Jeremy had 5 tackles against Troy and Stock had 3. Against Arkansas State Stock had 9 tackles and Jeremy did not play. In that span of games, Stock had 17 and Jeremy had 11.

I don't doubt that Jeremy came on some late in the season but was it enough to deseat Stock from the starting lineup when Jeremy held the starting position for much of the season? Should be a nice battle in the spring!

Jeremy had a good game against MTSU with 4 tackles. Stock did not play in that game at all. Against WKU Stock had 5 tackles and Jeremy had 2. Jeremy had 5 tackles against Troy and Stock had 3. Against Arkansas State Stock had 9 tackles and Jeremy did not play. In that span of games, Stock had 17 and Jeremy had 11.

I don't doubt that Jeremy came on some late in the season but was it enough to deseat Stock from the starting lineup when Jeremy held the starting position for much of the season? Should be a nice battle in the spring!

I think JP played the whole year pretty banged up. The year before I thought he was 1 of our biggest play makers on the field. Either way , both are talented and both should see plenty of action on the field