WBB sign 2 great new players

Roadruner

I'Tiana Taylor is a power forward from Pflugerville High School, and was named MVP of District 16-5A this season and an All-State selection by the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches. Taylor ranks as the 52nd best power forward in the country by Dan Olsen Girls Basketball Report. As a junior in 2010-11, she helped Pflugerville to a 30-7 record and the regional final, averaging 9.9 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.6 steals and 1.6 assists per game.

Loryn Goodwin is a guard from Cypress Falls High School, which made a run to the 5A State Semifinals before falling to Duncanville. She was named District 17-5A MVP and an All-State selection by the Texas Association of Basketball coaches. Prior to the 2011-12 season at Cy-Falls, she played at Temple High School, where she posted 19.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.7 steals, and three assists per game in 2010-11.

Sounds like we got 2 sold players that come from winning teams – both could be starters next year.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'Tiana Taylor is a power forward from Pflugerville High School, and was named MVP of District 16-5A this season and an All-State selection by the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches. Taylor ranks as the 52nd best power forward in the country by Dan Olsen Girls Basketball Report. As a junior in 2010-11, she helped Pflugerville to a 30-7 record and the regional final, averaging 9.9 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.6 steals and 1.6 assists per game.

Loryn Goodwin is a guard from Cypress Falls High School, which made a run to the 5A State Semifinals before falling to Duncanville. She was named District 17-5A MVP and an All-State selection by the Texas Association of Basketball coaches. Prior to the 2011-12 season at Cy-Falls, she played at Temple High School, where she posted 19.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.7 steals, and three assists per game in 2010-11.

Sounds like we got 2 sold players that come from winning teams – both could be starters next year.

As a Sr. this year Taylor lead Pflugerville to a 39-1 record.

• Upvote 1

Use this post to rant about two of my pet peeves. One the proliferation of honor teams with massive numbers. All state first team should be 5 players not 20 or 40. By the way both Jeter and Tai joined Goodwin and Taylor in the Texas Girls Coaches Assoc. All State 5a team. It had 40 honored while the Texas Basketball Coaches has 20. I guess with many all district first teams in football having 50 to 90 members it is just an extension of the progress, but IMO it substantially cheapens the awards. All district teams have largely become the participation trophies that Pee Wee teams give out.

The second is why can't the official site do a little research when they print articles. Instead of reporting junior performance numbers, why not update them to senior numbers. It is apparently just a lot easier to refer back to a previous article than actually expending a little effort to get the updated stats. Minor thing to most but it just bugs me, in most cases the bios will never be updated on the official site to reflect senior high school numbers. With newspapers dying, it seems to me that in house reporting should rise to fill some of the void. You will never get objectivity but it could provide more facts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

AGREE with GrandGreen on both his points.

Now, that being said...these are a couple of VERY nice signings for the Mean green. If either can step right in to the line-up (maybe both?) it would be great, but even if they come off the bench, the Mean green bench is going to be pretty darn good and pretty darn deep. Coach Aston is doing a great job building a team around her style of play and coaching. Cannot wait to see the ladies take the conference crown and tournament crown as well next season...it could VERY WELL happen!

Edited by KRAM1

I'm not calling for a 22 win season or a Belt crown next year, but I'm sure we'll take another step forward. Until we can beat MTSU or UALR, it's hard to believe we can go Dancing. Those schools have proved to be far beyond everyone else the last few years.

• Upvote 3

I'm not calling for a 22 win season or a Belt crown next year, but I'm sure we'll take another step forward. Until we can beat MTSU or UALR, it's hard to believe we can go Dancing. Those schools have proved to be far beyond everyone else the last few years.

We did beat UALR on Dec. 28th here in Denton, but lost to them in Little Rock. We only lost to Middle by 2 points here. We might have won that one if Jasmine Godbolt was 100%. This team improved by having 10 more victories than last year. I believe we could be in the mix next year for the championship.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We did beat UALR on Dec. 28th here in Denton, but lost to them in Little Rock. We only lost to Middle by 2 points here. We might have won that one if Jasmine Godbolt was 100%. This team improved by having 10 more victories than last year. I believe we could be in the mix next year for the championship.

I am not saying that it's not possible, but I sure as hell an not gonna predict winning the West much less the Conference.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...