Temple to Big East

MCMLXXX

Will the MAC try to go after a replacement? WKU or MTSU

Well, they have a replacement already. UMass will also be another football member only. I don't think that that the MAC will try to add any additional member, especially a full member. I'm pretty confident that Middle would turn them down and WKU already has when raising football to the FBS level.

The Alliance really missed out with a raising of the tide of its basketball fortunes when it lost Temple U to an already basketball rich Big East; of course, it also lost their huge TV market, too, which we all know by now is the engine pushing the expansion of the Big East and the Alliance.

For certain, if North Texas gets in this Alliance, both MG football and basketball are going to have to take it to another level that being in the Sun Belt Conference never seemed to create such a similar urgency. When your in a league that many in the media seem to think is light years away from having ranked schools, I suppose you just compete at the level you're at and just aim for SBC success never-minding what is going on nationally. Boise State never had such an attitude even in the WAC.

Similarly, TCU is going to have to up their on game another knotch that being in the Big 12 will make just as mandatory for the Horned Frogs. I think a UNT (if in the Alliance) will rise to the occasion--we really have no choice since there will be a focus from fellow Alliance schools for us to perform a la the Mean Joe Greene, Hayden Fry and multiple-New Orleans Bowl eras in Denton. So it would be very easy to say there will be much more pressures for us to succeed in a possible Alliance membership than there ever was in over a decade in the 'Belt or even in our previous history for that matter. Just saying'....

We are getting some love now from many in CUSA...here is just one

MinerInWisconsinbuddy_offline.gif

All American

allamerican.gif

I Root For: UTEP, of course

Location: The Frozen Tundra Post: #1If CUSA invites 1 from UNT, UTSA, Texas St

Which one would you take?

My personal choice if only one of those would be UNT. Market, facilities, recruiting, all looks good to me. I think the conference needs a presence in the DFW area.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Will the MAC try to go after a replacement? WKU or MTSU

Besides UMass, there are several other 1-AA teams in the northeast (Stony Brook & Albany, both in NY, are two that I know I've heard about) that want to move up, so I don't think the MAC is going to want to expand their footprint.