congrats and condolences

dahbeed

Thanks for the kind words...Good luck to the Hilltoppers going forward...make the SunBelt proud...this Mean green fan will be cheering the Hilltoppers on in the NCAA's...Go get 'em!

But, OK...tell me...just what is that red blob of a mascot you guys have? Seriously...what the heck is it?

GO WKY...on to the NCAA's...beat whoever......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i actually wanted to do this last night but realize how raw a home message board is following a loss so opted to wait until today.

i've felt for years we're the only two programs in the belt that understand hoops much less gives a crap about them.

so it was with much happiness that i saw the 2 of us in the championship game....again. i really wanted to drive the 467 miles yesterday morning to be there but work wouldn't permit so i watched it on the tube.

both teams had great recruiting classes. the top 2 in the belt.

both teams had devastating incidents mid-season.

you guys lost 2 absolute studs. we got rid of dead weight by firing the worst coach in western kentucky history. even though ours was addition by subtraction nobody expected ray to turn it around as quick as he did.

the guys were out of shape. george fant lost 11 pounds the first 2 weeks ray coached us.

you guys bounced back even after losing the 2 freshmen. made it all the way to the finals. tony mitchell is as fine a player as i've seen in the sun belt conference. not freshman...player. part of me wants you guys to keep him one more year but another part wants to see him go to the association.

even if you lose him there are bright days ahead for north texas hoops. i certainly feel with ray harper at the helm we have bright days ahead too.

i assure you this is no flame post and i sure as hell wouldn't be congratulating the middle folks if they had won it.

good luck in the new conference. i'll miss the mean green. we'll be the only team that remotely gives a crap about hoops.

dahbeed.

You sarcastic jerk.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1