ESPN National TV Game @ Apogee Stadium: Oct. 16'th

The Denton Chamber of Commerce with many of its members ability to sell tickets helped us several years ago have one of our top all time home crowd attendance figures against the Big 12 Baylor Bears at our old venerable Fouts Field.

This Fall week night game (10/16/12) on ESPN may need their help once again, but this time around with a game to be played in the confines of the fabulous Apogee Stadium. It's a time for Denton (and Denton County) to shine on national TV. (Not sure why we stopped using the assistance of the Denton C of C since that Baylor game years ago quite frankly).

Anyone else remember how hot the Foufs Field parking lot was pre-Baylor game that particular year? :hot: Stifling and sultry maybe best describes it?

GMG!

PS By the way, I left the important part out: The North Texas Mean Green beat the Big 12 Baylor Bears that night in the sultry heat.:thumbsu:

I also think more than anything that happened that night were further hints from our venerable ol' Lady how she needed to retire very soon when the electricity went out in the Baylor dressing room during half time of that game. :ph34r:

GMG ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm thinking the AD rents Propaganda Vans... (think 50's election promotion style) and drives around the dorm areas two hours before the game spitting commentary such as "if you are not going to the game you are kaput"

Two hours before the game? How about starting it Monday morning and have members of the Talons drive the vans around campus, stopping in various locations to have an "impromptu" pep rally.

Two hours before the game? How about starting it Monday morning and have members of the Talons drive the vans around campus, stopping in various locations to have an "impromptu" pep rally.

Well, considering the Talons go to the Pit and sit quietly and do the same at Apogee, anyone else but them.

Well, considering the Talons go to the Pit and sit quietly and do the same at Apogee, anyone else but them.

I HATE how the Talons get the first two rows on the 50 yd line and just sit there most the time. Apparently they aren't allowed to heckle the opposing team?!? Then move the heck out of the way!

• Upvote 4

I HATE how the Talons get the first two rows on the 50 yd line and just sit there most the time. Apparently they aren't allowed to heckle the opposing team?!? Then move the heck out of the way!

So, we're now complaining about people actually at the game?

How about this: let's hold off on complaining about people's cheering style until it becomes a struggle to find a decent seat?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, we're now complaining about people actually at the game?

How about this: let's hold off on complaining about people's cheering style until it becomes a struggle to find a decent seat?

When you reserve the first two rows on the 50 in the student section and you don't yell or heckle, yes, I'm going to complain about it. There are a lot more "vocal" students who could put those seats to good use.

• Upvote 3

Oh how true it is. I remember back in the late 60's when you had to get to the stadium 1 1/2

hours before the game to get a good seat because they would be gone if you didn't. We would

have students nearly fight to get the front rows so they could heckle rant and rave at the

oposing team. It seems as though it is no longer that way. If you're not going to scream, rant,

and hollar than stay off the front rows.

Take over students, don't let them save the seats just for the heck of it. Go Mean Green.

When you reserve the first two rows on the 50 in the student section and you don't yell or heckle, yes, I'm going to complain about it. There are a lot more "vocal" students who could put those seats to good use.

Do we know if they're telling the Talons to keep it quiet, or whoever is in those seats?