The Difference Between Wake Forest U's Stadium

PlummMeanGreen

...the difference is 500 seats.

(Segments of this post inspired from a thread on the M & G board)

The Wake Forest U stadium seats 31,500. I was surprised with that capacity inasmuch that they are in one of the Big 6 BCS conferences, ie, the ACC (still obviously all about basketball).

Is this good P.R. or what for visiting opponent's AD's, Presidents, Staff and.....media?

"In January 2007, construction began on Deacon Tower, a massive seven-story pressbox that is situated on the west side of the stadium. Deacon Tower, which was built at a cost of $48 million, houses luxury suites, club seats, boxes for the University President, home and visiting athletic directors and print and electronic media"

Read that they also had several seasons in a row now of 7 home games.

http://www.wakefores...ake-groves.html

Prediction: "IF" we get in the Alliance, North Texas will (within 5 years) need to expand Apogee another 9,000 seats to 40,000 capacity (which would also help us getting more of the TAMU's, UT's, OSU's, KSU's, Nebrasks (yes, the Cornhuskers), etc, etc, etc, into Denton for some great non-conference match-ups; you know, sorta' like UTSA's future home schedule in the AlamoDome?:rolleyes:

With the luxury hotel/conference center which will be built inside the Mean Green Village (near Apogee Stadium) on the way, all this happening is really just a case of, uh.................Good Timin'.:whistling1::rolleyes1:

http://www.youtube.c...ng&feature=fvsr

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Took a tour of Wake Forest this past summer with my son. Nice campus. Newer buildings as most was built after the move from its original location. The stadium is a few miles off campus. Enrollment at Wake is just over 4,000 I believe. I didn't realize it was so small. A lot of community support fills up that stadium.

Keith

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 1

Took a tour of Wake Forest this past summer with my son. Nice campus. Newer buildings as most was built after the move from its original location. The stadium is a few miles off campus. Enrollment at Wake is just over 4,000 I believe. I didn't realize it was so small. A lot of community support fills up that stadium.

Keith

Community support? What the hell is that? :blink:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You've got to be kidding....so Notre Dame would play an OOC game on the road in a stadium that has just 500 more seats than ours?:blink:

GMG!

"Lets not forget Houston hosted the Univ of Texas a few years ago in their, what, 31,000 cap. stadium. I think they did erect some temporary bleachers to squeeze more fans (Texas) in the stadium.

I'm amazed, but not surprised, that our AD can't get mid-majors to play in Denton. All the teams in the MAC, WAC, CUSA, and wherever, and we can't get them to Denton?" YAC

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Lets not forget Houston hosted the Univ of Texas a few years ago in their, what, 31,000 cap. stadium.

UT thought the game was going to be played at the Astrodome. They either weren't aware that UH was moving games back on campus or they thought they could force UH to move the game.

• Upvote 1