TCU Basketball

UNT90

Frogs improve to 17-11 while knocking off a second ranked team this season. Probably at least NIT bound. A nice little season right before Big 12 membership. This will no doubt help recruiting for them and hurt us a bit. I don't buy that they will be a consistent bottom feeder in the Big 12.

• Upvote 2

Frogs improve to 17-11 while knocking off a second ranked team this season. Probably at least NIT bound. A nice little season right before Big 12 membership. This will no doubt help recruiting for them and hurt us a bit. I don't buy that they will be a consistent bottom feeder in the Big 12.

I don't know about them being good only hurting us. But they could compete and win against Texas Tech (already did this season), Oklahoma, Oklahoma State. They have a good coach, I think they are on the upward swing.

What we need is an opportunity to play ranked opponents at home, and not the upper tier of them either. That is why it must be essential for us to get on board with this CUSA, MWC merger.

• Upvote 1

I don't know about them being good only hurting us. But they could compete and win against Texas Tech (already did this season), Oklahoma, Oklahoma State. They have a good coach, I think they are on the upward swing.

What we need is an opportunity to play ranked opponents at home, and not the upper tier of them either. That is why it must be essential for us to get on board with this CUSA, MWC merger.

Agree on the merger comment.

Huge moment in this program's life (or death?)

• Upvote 1

I have been saying this for a while... this is a huge make or break moment for UNT hoops. We are on the verge of something huge but it could all fall apart. SMU, TCU, and Baylor are all programs which threaten UNTS recruiting classes and dominance in the DFW area. Hell even UTA is growing! Its time for the AD to step up to the plate. We could keep Mitchel, Jones, Williams, and get into a new conference. OR. We could lose our top three freshmen and be stuck in the belt. This summer is going to be huge. I believe we could become a mid major power house, but it is now in the hands of the AD.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UTA will hurt UNT before TCU. Going dancing in another week, In a better perceived conference (than currently) and plays in the best arena in the Metroplex. Had close to 5k last night against Nichols St (I think). Opened up with about 7.

We can continue to dismiss them all we want but they can recruit using their 30 point ass whipping against us while still on the stage. Our success has been on attracting local high major kids back to the area. OSU's Roger Dowell is a recent example of what the new arena will continue to do for them.

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 3

UTA will hurt UNT before TCU. Going dancing in another week, In a better perceived conference (than currently) and plays in the best arena in the Metroplex. Had close to 5k last night against Nichols St (I think). Opened up with about 7.

We can continue to dismiss them all we want but they can recruit using their 30 point ass whipping against us while still on the stage. Our success has been on attracting local high major kids back to the area. OSU's Roger Dowell is a recent example of what the new arena will continue to do for them.

Sent you an email.

• Upvote 1

Exactly... so I am very unsure as to why when I posted on here a few weeks ago about getting away from the pit I got bashed! It is no secret that local talent has been looking into UTA because of their new arena. We will face stiff competition ahead. We need another year of Mitchel.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly... so I am very unsure as to why when I posted on here a few weeks ago about getting away from the pit I got bashed! It is no secret that local talent has been looking into UTA because of their new arena. We will face stiff competition ahead. We need another year of Mitchel.

Probably because getting away from The Pit is not likely an option, since we just dished out a pretty penny for a new football stadium, and we have several other big things on our plate such as a baseball stadium. Upgrade The Pit in a big way and we'll be just fine in that area. Now if someone can convince the State of Texas that The Pit is obsolete for all purposes, and they are willing to chip in for a new multi-purpose arena ASAP, then by all means give me one of those golden shovels.

I guess it depends on if we still have willing donors for the stadium. A friend of a friend donated a million dollars to UTA and got his name engraved on the hardwood.

I would love to see a new stadium across bonnie brae from the stadium. Now that would be a beautiful aerial view...

A man can dream... A man can dream...

• Upvote 2

The Super Pit is still better than most of the college arenas I have ever been to.

It is a great place to watch a live game, but no place to watch a televised game. It definitely needs new lighting and a sound system for sure. I am happy we have not been playing a Raddy old stage for 20 years

• Upvote 2

UTA played Northwestern State the other day. They have also been giving away free tix to the new arena. Really getting the community involved.

I was at UTA tonight for a HS BB game, and was amazed at how small the arena is. It's super nice, don't get me wrong, but I was expecting bigger from the pics. The super pit just feels more big time. Kind of feels like they tried to cram big time features into a small stadium and it comes up feeling a little short. It feels similar to the summit, but with 3 suites and the second tier is stacked.

If we can get the video boards, better lights and better sounds, there's really nothing I'd be too jealous of other than the newness. Pit has nicer seats too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1