Some feel good marijuana stories

Marijuana is being prescribed by doctors to treat glaucoma, nausea and lack of hunger in chemotherapy for cancer, and other illnesses.

Ya, because doctors NEVER prescribe unneeded prescription drugs to anyone. Just ask Whitney Houston.

I'm sure that in the states that allow medical marihuana, there is a much higher rate of people with "illnesses" that have marihuana as a remedy.

Oh, and I'm sure tax payees will be paying for it under the liberal health care plan.

Maybe Pres. Obama is making all of his drug user friends rich with marihuana? (A forced mix of threads attempt).

But seriously, the chemicals used to make Meth are dirt cheap in Mexico. You don't have to grow any plant to make it, and the return on investment is probably 1000 times greater than

Maribuana. Add in a heavy demand, and, presto, you have the new drug of choice for the cartels.

12 years ago, the cartel supplied very little of the Meth used inthe US. It was supplied by Couter Redneck making it at his farm, in his van, in his rented motel room, or in his garage.

About 2000 is when "ice", a very strong form of Meth, showed up in the metroplex. It was straight from Mexico. It has progressed to the point now that there are very few Couter Rednecks left. Why? Because the cartel found that they had a new product taut they could make dirt cheap (no land required to grow a thing) and ship north, where they could undercut the Couter Rednecks of the world and still make much more of a profit than they did by moving Coke or Marihuana.

Also, Meth,being the nasty, filthy drug that it is, has caused the huge spike in violence south of the boarder. Using your product is never a good idea, but has never stopped members of the cartel. Mix a drug that causes paranoia with a heavily armed militia, and, walla, welcome to the Meth violence that erupted in Mexico in the early 2000s.

Payment for this block of instruction can be made through the paypal link which Harry will have up shortly.

You did read in there that they can't even correctly predict how many people in the US use marihuana, correct?

For the number they have as users, the average user would have to smoke one joint every 2 hours for every hour of every day (and night) of the year, something, to their redit, they readily admit.

No offense, but I don't think anyone knows which product makes more for the Cartels, since the Cartels dang sure aren't opening their books for anyone.

Unfortunately, drug users and traffickers lie, hence the research is sketchy, at best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So many of you are so wrong on so many accounts I don't even know where to start.

Weed is 60-70 percent of cartels profits because the demand for weed, dirt weed albeit, is insane. You hear about 2 ton brick weed busts all the time in the news, the hard drugs, not as often. The cartels have 80% of the cocaine trade, but only 50% of the heroin trade where as they have 98% of the meth trade.

I almost lost my own mother because the doctor thought she needed 4 valium a day and 4 10mg hydrocodons each day for her headaches. She smokes a joint a day now, takes no pills and is doing better than I have seen in ten years. I cannot believe that ANYONE would compare pharmaceutical drugs to marijuana. Marijuana won't make you pass out driving, marijuana won't butcher your liver, marijuana provides legitimate medical benefits to people with serious illnesses. What don't you people get?

Also, I find it funny that the topic poster links 20+ marijuana death related topics. That's because it rarely happens, and when it does, it's huge news to everyone. "Drunk driver kills family of 4" just don't seem to interest the people. No, they'd rather rationalize their own opinions on a substance they've been told their whole life to hate, yet they have never even tried so don't know what it does to you. How can you draw an opinion on something you've never tried?

Do you just choose to ignore the fact that the reason marijuana was prohibited in the first place was because the big wigs saw the benefits of hemp(which cannot get you high BTW) and how it would put their companies out of business and made sure everyone in the country knew hemp & marijuana were not to be used?

There's plenty of people in this country who abuse marijuana and alcohol, however, I would much rather have anyone smoking weed than drinking.

"Man, those stoners just piss me off so much, thinkin they can legalize this medicine for people with AIDS and cancer and other physical ailments who would like a medicine that doesn't make them pass out 30 mins after taking it and doesn't destroy your liver or give you other horrible side effects, those damn drug users, ain't worth NOTHIN! It makes me so mad I'm gonna go on a forum and link all marijuana related deaths, even the ones with alcohol involved, so people will know just how much I believed in DARE when I grew up."

Here ya go, I can do it to.

Drunk driver kills 2

Drunk driver kills cop

Man, I was going to spend my time putting drunk driving deaths links here but then I realized you'll never change these peoples minds. I just want you people to know, I'm not in favor of full legalization, but it has medical benefits that I have seen first hand and whether you like it or not, your type of people are dieing off. The old stubborn people who won't even accept scientific studies as evidence are fading, and the young people are growing older. I'd venture to say 60% of 18-22 year olds smoke weed, and they will be the voters of the future. I also know 98% of the people against marijuana are bible thumpers.

"And God said... I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. ..And to every beast of the earth.. I have given every green herb for meat... " Genesis 1:29-30

What say you to this, oh mighty people who know everything?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

But seriously, the chemicals used to make Meth are dirt cheap in Mexico. You don't have to grow any plant to make it, and the return on investment is probably 1000 times greater than

Maribuana. Add in a heavy demand, and, presto, you have the new drug of choice for the cartels.

12 years ago, the cartel supplied very little of the Meth used inthe US. It was supplied by Couter Redneck making it at his farm, in his van, in his rented motel room, or in his garage.

About 2000 is when "ice", a very strong form of Meth, showed up in the metroplex. It was straight from Mexico. It has progressed to the point now that there are very few Couter Rednecks left. Why? Because the cartel found that they had a new product taut they could make dirt cheap (no land required to grow a thing) and ship north, where they could undercut the Couter Rednecks of the world and still make much more of a profit than they did by moving Coke or Marihuana.

Also, Meth,being the nasty, filthy drug that it is, has caused the huge spike in violence south of the boarder. Using your product is never a good idea, but has never stopped members of the cartel. Mix a drug that causes paranoia with a heavily armed militia, and, walla, welcome to the Meth violence that erupted in Mexico in the early 2000s.

Payment for this block of instruction can be made through the paypal link which Harry will have up shortly.

Oh really? So they switched from coke to meth and that just made them start murdering people at an unprecedented rate?

It wouldn't have to do with the war for control of the drug trade or anything? Nah, it's because all those damn illegals start putting meth in their veins daily instead of coke, thanks for clearing that up for me man.

• Upvote 1

No one? It seemed like you knew good and well like 4 or 5 posts ago?

Well, no one besides me, of course.

But seriously, I don't know. I do know the profit margin on Meth is much higher for the Cartel than weed. Does weed beat it on pure volume? Possibly? But we will never know. I do know that the Mexicans have pretty much cornered the market on Meth sales in Texas when a scant 12 years ago, they accounted for far less than 10 percent. Today? Easily over 90%.

And they ain't giving it away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, no one besides me, of course.

But seriously, I don't know. I do know the profit margin on Meth is much higher for the Cartel than weed. Does weed beat it on pure volume? Possibly? But we will never know. I do know that the Mexicans have pretty much cornered the market on Meth sales in Texas when a scant 12 years ago, they accounted for far less than 10 percent. Today? Easily over 90%.

And they ain't giving it away.

It's not possibly, it's fact. It takes .1 of a gram of meth to get you high. It takes 2 grams of (brick)weed to get you high. So you are partially right in that way more weed comes here than meth, but that's because drug users are 80% potheads 10% pill poppers and 10% meth/coke/heroin users. The only people who smoke mexi-bud are old people set in their ways or broke young people. The weed people prefer to smoke is from California. It is grown cleaner, isn't compressed, and is a lot stronger as well as not being sprayed with harmful insecticides. This form of weed(high grade) is much better for you, and can be used for a longer duration by patients. Legalizing it would have a huge effect on the cartels because they wouldn't be able to produce the quality marijuana the United States produces. They throw 10,000+ plus seeds on a plot, grow them for 6 months, and send it this way, it's cheap and people smoke it for that reason. If it's legalized, the stronger cleaner weed will be mass produced, thus driving the price down of the "good stuff" and the cartels and their shitty weed will struggle to put out a product people here would want to ingest.

And the theme is, if you stopped spending billions trying to eradicate weed, you could spend your resources on stopping the drugs that actually ruin peoples lives. Coke, heroin, and meth.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's not possibly, it's fact. It takes .1 of a gram of meth to get you high. It takes 2 grams of (brick)weed to get you high. So you are partially right in that way more weed comes here than meth, but that's because drug users are 80% potheads 10% pill poppers and 10% meth/coke/heroin users. The only people who smoke mexi-bud are old people set in their ways or broke young people. The weed people prefer to smoke is from California. It is grown cleaner, isn't compressed, and is a lot stronger as well as not being sprayed with harmful insecticides. This form of weed(high grade) is much better for you, and can be used for a longer duration by patients. Legalizing it would have a huge effect on the cartels because they wouldn't be able to produce the quality marijuana the United States produces. They throw 10,000+ plus seeds on a plot, grow them for 6 months, and send it this way, it's cheap and people smoke it for that reason. If it's legalized, the stronger cleaner weed will be mass produced, thus driving the price down of the "good stuff" and the cartels and their shitty weed will struggle to put out a product people here would want to ingest.

And the theme is, if you stopped spending billions trying to eradicate weed, you could spend your resources on stopping the drugs that actually ruin peoples lives. Coke, heroin, and meth.

And have a much stronger form of marihuana proliferating the market. More people using in public. Second hand smoke effects on children? Stronger means possibly more addictive? Laziness increases unemployment?

Your premise is good in theory, but I think it faces huge practical problems.

Here's to hoping we never find out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So many of you are so wrong on so many accounts I don't even know where to start.

Weed is 60-70 percent of cartels profits because the demand for weed, dirt weed albeit, is insane. You hear about 2 ton brick weed busts all the time in the news, the hard drugs, not as often. The cartels have 80% of the cocaine trade, but only 50% of the heroin trade where as they have 98% of the meth trade.

I almost lost my own mother because the doctor thought she needed 4 valium a day and 4 10mg hydrocodons each day for her headaches. She smokes a joint a day now, takes no pills and is doing better than I have seen in ten years. I cannot believe that ANYONE would compare pharmaceutical drugs to marijuana. Marijuana won't make you pass out driving, marijuana won't butcher your liver, marijuana provides legitimate medical benefits to people with serious illnesses. What don't you people get?

Also, I find it funny that the topic poster links 20+ marijuana death related topics. That's because it rarely happens, and when it does, it's huge news to everyone. "Drunk driver kills family of 4" just don't seem to interest the people. No, they'd rather rationalize their own opinions on a substance they've been told their whole life to hate, yet they have never even tried so don't know what it does to you. How can you draw an opinion on something you've never tried?

Do you just choose to ignore the fact that the reason marijuana was prohibited in the first place was because the big wigs saw the benefits of hemp(which cannot get you high BTW) and how it would put their companies out of business and made sure everyone in the country knew hemp & marijuana were not to be used?

There's plenty of people in this country who abuse marijuana and alcohol, however, I would much rather have anyone smoking weed than drinking.

"Man, those stoners just piss me off so much, thinkin they can legalize this medicine for people with AIDS and cancer and other physical ailments who would like a medicine that doesn't make them pass out 30 mins after taking it and doesn't destroy your liver or give you other horrible side effects, those damn drug users, ain't worth NOTHIN! It makes me so mad I'm gonna go on a forum and link all marijuana related deaths, even the ones with alcohol involved, so people will know just how much I believed in DARE when I grew up."

Here ya go, I can do it to.

Drunk driver kills 2

Drunk driver kills cop

Man, I was going to spend my time putting drunk driving deaths links here but then I realized you'll never change these peoples minds. I just want you people to know, I'm not in favor of full legalization, but it has medical benefits that I have seen first hand and whether you like it or not, your type of people are dieing off. The old stubborn people who won't even accept scientific studies as evidence are fading, and the young people are growing older. I'd venture to say 60% of 18-22 year olds smoke weed, and they will be the voters of the future. I also know 98% of the people against marijuana are bible thumpers.

"And God said... I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. ..And to every beast of the earth.. I have given every green herb for meat... " Genesis 1:29-30

What say you to this, oh mighty people who know everything?

Why the hostility... Are you high?

• Upvote 1

Why would marijuana use increase if it were legal? Would you start smoking? I wouldn't.

More people using in public.

Do you drink on the streets besides the ones that allow it? Do you smoke in places that say no smoking?

Second hand smoke effects on children?

Good question. Let's ban cigarettes. Those cause cancer.

Stronger means possibly more addictive?

No.

Laziness increases unemployment?

This is a good question too. So there's a fight going on with companies and their employees regarding their at home behavior. Employers are starting to fire/not hire people if they smoke cigarettes due to the increased health care costs. It'll be interesting to see how the courts work it out. I don't see how there would be an increase in unemployment if we stop giving handouts. No money to buy weed = no weed. And if the courts rule in the companies favor, the companies could still require drug tests for marijuana even if its legal in the US. So if you work for a company that bans marijuana use, no soup fo youuu. I'd imagine the dominos, jack in the boxes, etc., of the world would still allow it, so maybe you'll get a little extra cheese on your pizza or an extra patty on your burger by mistake.

Edited by Green2012

Ya, because doctors NEVER prescribe unneeded prescription drugs to anyone. Just ask Whitney Houston.

I never said otherwise. But the medical uses of marijuana are well-established science at this point, and plenty of people are getting needed prescriptions for it. The claim that marijuana's never going to be anything more than a recreational drug is demonstrably false.

So, we're still where we began:

Marijuana use is as dangerous as alcohol use. So, there's no reason to compound the ills of legal alcohol with the ills of legal marijuana.

Still waiting for the study that shows marijuana does not slow reaction time and impair judgement.

Yes, I know that study will never be published because it goes against fact. Marijuana does slow reaction time and impair judgement. Therefore, and thankfully, it is illegal.

The great thing about young people is they grow up. The pro-legalize crowd is always crowing about the number of young people who support it, so it's just around the corner.

But, few people keep their youthful views once they grow up and face facts. Then, you're stuck with what you have of the pro-legalization crowd: potheads. Strident, disorganized potheads who have no way of refuting proof of the scientific and social harm of their weed.

Call me crazy, but I think it's the weed use that makes them delusional enough to believe marijuana will be legalized in America.

The great thing about young people is they grow up. The pro-legalize crowd is always crowing about the number of young people who support it, so it's just around the corner.

But, few people keep their youthful views once they grow up and face facts.

Here's a fact for you: The history of Gallup polling on marijuana legalization from 1969 to 2010:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/record-high-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

12 percent supported legalization in 1969.

50 percent supported legalization in 2010.

The trend is obvious.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Hmmm. I wasn't aware that Gallup polls superseded scientific evidence and Congress. Scientific evidence is still that marijuana slows reaction time and impairs judgement. And, marijuana is still not legal.

California voters, as far left as you can go, have rejected full legalization. And, the Barack Obama Justice Department - again, with its leftward tilt - opposes full legalization.

Over the long haul, the potheads are going to run into the same problem Federally that the anti-immigration crowd always runs into - Federal laws are the final authority on any given matter.

There are already Federal laws covering marijuana. And, like the wacky localities and states who sometimes make their own immigration rules, the weed-legalization crowd will run into those Federal laws in court, and lose. Hello, Farmers Branch. Yes, you are part of the United States...and, it's laws apply to you.

The screech of the potheads is only mildly amusing these days. Like the anti-immigrants, it's like watching a bird repeatedly fly into a window - slightly funny a first, but quickly a bore.

Fly into that Federal window potbirds. It hasn't stopped the anti-immigrant crowd.

So, the song remains the same: pothead drivers continue to kill, maim, and paralyze along with their miscreant cousins the drunk drivers. And, it is because weed slow reflexes and impairs judgement. And, such facts move the adults who run the country to keep pot illegal...in spite of polls and weed-induced dreams.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Federal say-so, from June 21, 2011...during the Obama administration:

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2011/07/08/2011-16994/denial-of-petition-to-initiate-proceedings-to-reschedule-marijuana#h-8

Ka-pow! The Feds once again deny a petition to even initiate proceedings to reschedule marijuana. What was my earlier post? Keep flying into that Federal window, potbirds!

See, what happens is, people who don't waste time smoking grass go into medical and scientific research fields, and...you know...make these reports that the government can actually use to form coherent national policy.

I know,I know. It's far less taxing to stand around with signs and protest. It's even far less taxing to get on the internet and whine. Far less taxing even than that is just sitting around getting stoned.

But, having an opinion, voicing it, and getting stoned are not the equivalent of medical and scientific research. Sorry. For all the faults of Federal government, at least they are still trusting in sober medical and scientific analysis. Even, yes, even during the Obama administration.

Gee, I wonder if a Romney or Santorum administration would be more weed friendly? Bwaahahahahaahahahaha!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hmmm. I wasn't aware that Gallup polls superseded scientific evidence and Congress.

Who said that it did?

You said that young people will change their views on marijuana as they age. Gallup's polling data shows that isn't happening. The people most against marijuana legalization are 65 and older. The people most for it are 29 and younger. As the baby boomers aged, you can see from Gallup the pro-legalization numbers went up.

People who grew up smoking pot -- or knowing people who smoked it -- don't fall for the scare tactics about the drug.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

See, what happens is, people who don't waste time smoking grass go into medical and scientific research fields, and...you know...make these reports that the government can actually use to form coherent national policy.

You think people with advanced scientific degrees didn't smoke pot in college? You must be stoned.

Government policies against marijuana are self-perpetuating. Money is allocated to the authorities who criminalize marijuana at the federal, state and local level, and like any government program the participants work hard to justify their existence.

At some point, if pro-legalization trends continue, the politicians will reach a tipping point because criminalizing marijuana will be so unpopular.

You think people with advanced scientific degrees didn't smoke pot in college? You must be stoned.

Government policies against marijuana are self-perpetuating. Money is allocated to the authorities who criminalize marijuana at the federal, state and local level, and like any government program the participants work hard to justify their existence.

At some point, if pro-legalization trends continue, the politicians will reach a tipping point because criminalizing marijuana will be so unpopular.

Don't bother man, they'll just talk to you like you're an idiot and then stereotype you to try and make their point. Its impossible for people to actually use things like facts and studies. They think that once they've graduated college that reading is too much work.

You're absolutely right by linking to the gallup poll. The overall trend is towards legalization because despite what the reefer madness crowd would have us believe, pot's not all that harmful. Sure maybe the feds aren't interested in legalization, but like gay marriage, the more and more states that pass laws and open up to the idea that their state won't fall off into the ocean, the more representatives at the federal will be pressured to act.

Here's another baby step: (Sorry it links to NORML, but its legitimate)

Colorado referendum to regulate marijuana like alcohol

It won't pass, but I'd expect it to get 40-45% in a state like Colorado. Something that would never have happened 20-30 years ago.

Edited by Coffee and TV

It doesn't matter whether a state law passes. If there is already a Federal law in place, the Federal law will supersede it...hence, the immigration law examples.

The 10th Amendment only applies in areas of the law where the Federal government hasn't already promulgated laws.

Until Federal law changes, there will be no change. This has already been to courts. Even in California, employers can fire employees for using weed even if they have a "medical marijuana" permission.

Why? Because Federal law trumps State law. Not even California was stupid enough to tangle there. Their Supreme Court, citing Federal law, of course, said employers could fire pot-using employees.

NORML and all other drug-addled organizations can spin their wheels and waste as much money as the anti-immigration folk. The legal fact of the matter is that marijuana is illegal.

Drug people...gun people...immigration people...it's fun to watch them all chasing their tails politically. They waste a ton of time and money. But, the First Amendment allows wackos of all stripe to solicit money and waste the time of whatever sheep can be fleeced.

There are many rich people at NORML and NRA spreading their wayward gospels. Pathetic.