An expanded Sun Belt idea with explanations and makes sense.

Coach Andy Mac

First of all before you look twice this will be a 14/16 team model with a major upgrade to basketball and emphasizes rivalries.

For Football.

East.

1. Troy

2. South Alabama

3. FIU

4. FAU

5. Middle Tenn

6. WKU

7. ULM

Everyone has their rivals in the division on this side except ULM who doesn't really have a rival. And everyone gets a guaranteed trip to Florida and Southern Alabama for recruiting exposure.

1. ULL

2. La Tech (I rolled my eyes also)

3. ASU

4. UNT

5. UTSA

6. TxSt

7. New Mexico State

This side has a lot of Texas trips so down the road will be great for market heads and recruiting. It also is a regional western division all the states touch from one to the next. New Mexico will not bring better football but adds excellent basketball which is something we need to compliment Middle Tenn. Not to mention yet another pretty big city for a potential Tv deal.

Now next is the full conference for basketball.

View the full article

if Las Cruces is considered a major market by the Belt,then we are all in trouble. i would like for the dust to settle on the new National Conference expansion plans so the Belt knows what they have to work with. i also would like to see UTA replace Denver as basketball/baseball addition to balance out with UALR. also, i don't see what La. Tech brings to the table. we already have 2 Louisiana schools. lets kill thr WAC and let La. Tech die as an independent.

New Mexico will not bring better football but adds excellent basketball which is something we need to compliment Middle Tenn

Jeez, wouldn't it be nice I there were a program to compliment the MUTS flash in the pan basketball success. Maybe someone with two SBC titles and three tournament finals appearances since 07. Now where could we find someone like that?