Sun Belt 2010 Revenues and Expenses by sport

Harry

Indeed...note the cost of baseball. Third highest of the varsity sports. Does UNT have the funds and/or donors to make this happen anytime soon? There seems to be, at least on the GMG.com board, lots of support for UNT adding baseball. Are those pushing for baseball willing to step up and help fund it? And, no, the "mystery guy" who is reported to be on board with a donation to get it going is not capable of doing it all by himself on an extended basis. If UNT adds baseball, it needs to add it the "right way" with excellent facilities, excellent coaching, adequate equipment and last but not least the full allowed complement of scholarships.

So, are the resources there and would they be there on a sustaining basis for the long term? I hope so, as I would like to see baseball return to UNT. But, the attached report does make one wonder if UNT has the resources at the current time to make this happen?

It will take donors and significant financial commitments on the part of the university and those donors to do this...is UNT prepared? I hope so, but tend to think it is still a few years away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1