What would be your ideal alliance pod?

Harry

Southwest "TV Market" Pod

1. Tulsa - Nice city.. Good football program just right up the road from us. Good academics and basketball.

2. Tulane - Big time destination city in New Orleans. Football has been down but new coach and stadium will help.

3. Rice - Sweet, sweet Houston you're calling out my name. Ivy league academics. Tough run in football but tradition is there and baseball is one of the best in the country.

4. North Texas - DFW media market, huge enrollment, good academics, commitment to facilities and improving football/basketball.

5. FIU/FAU - A Florida presence would be fantastic. Both of these schools have their strengths. I know that they both fall outside of the geographical footprint but I say we need the Miami etc market.

6. UTSA - I know they're not ready yet but I would be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because of their destination city they bring to the table. They would give us 3 Texas teams in the pod and allow UTEP to move out west where they probably belong.

If the TV contracts are built off of the TV Markets this pod rocks out with DFW, Houston, New Orleans, Miami, San Antonio and to a lesser extent Tulsa. 3 public and 3 private schools balance out as well. Thoughts and other proposals welcomed...

Southwest "TV Market" Pod

1. Tulsa - Nice city.. Good football program just right up the road from us. Good academics and basketball.

2. Tulane - Big time destination city in New Orleans. Football has been down but new coach and stadium will help.

3. Rice - Sweet, sweet Houston you're calling out my name. Ivy league academics. Tough run in football but tradition is there and baseball is one of the best in the country.

4. North Texas - DFW media market, huge enrollment, good academics, commitment to facilities and improving football/basketball.

5. FIU/FAU - A Florida presence would be fantastic. Both of these schools have their strengths. I know that they both fall outside of the geographical footprint but I say we need the Miami etc market.

6. UTSA - I know they're not ready yet but I would be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because of their destination city they bring to the table. They would give us 3 Texas teams in the pod and allow UTEP to move out west where they probably belong.

If the TV contracts are built off of the TV Markets this pod rocks out with DFW, Houston, New Orleans, Miami, San Antonio and to a lesser extent Tulsa. 3 public and 3 private schools balance out as well. Thoughts and other proposals welcomed...

I like the 20 team model, and under that system this pod would look nice to me. Don't think it will happen this way, but I like it.

UNT

Tulsa

Rice

Tulane

S. Miss

i think our best chance for inclusion is a 24 team conference.UTEP moves west, as does UTSA, SJSU and USU giving MWC 12 schools.CUSA is down to 7, and must add 5 schools to get to 12. my best guess would be Temple[football only],FIU,and UNT.i don't know who the other 2 would be except the futher east the better. that would probably leave La. Tech out and give FAU and MTSU a chance. i don't know how much stroke ECU has , but they are really pushing for more east coast teams.

i don't see La. Tech making the cut. think UAB in a 6 team.

In a 6 team pod I'd rather have MTSU over UAB.

UNT, Rice, Tulsa, Tulane, S. Miss, and MTSU makes for a nice pod.

Edited by Side Show Joe

North Texas, Tulsa, Rice, Tulane, and Southern Miss in a 5-team pod and add La Tech in a 6-team. I figure that if we can beat Southern Miss and Tulsa then we should win conference.

Ditto...

Does this coast to coast conference also give its premier teams more chances for more Top 25 votes since the potential poll voters in this Alliance footprint has all but doubled?

SMU leaving to grab the Big East money may have just made North Texas rich plus when the term AQ is dropped from all FBS schools then it becomes...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dQ4ZkbldTsw

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

In a 6 team pod I'd rather have MTSU over UAB.

UNT, Rice, Tulsa, Tulane, S. Miss, and MTSU makes for a nice pod.

i agree. in a 24 team conference, MTSU, FAU, and La. Tech would be competeing for 2 remaining slots. again, ECSU is pushing hard for east coast schools. plus no one seems to know if Tulane will support or oppose LA. Tech.[think SMU]

This would be perfect to me.

5-team pod: Tulsa, Rice, UTEP, New Mexico, and La Tech

6-team pod: add Tulane

All games against border states or in-state institutions.

I think this thing will start at 18, BTW, with Temple in the East and either F_U, La Tech, or us in the middle to fill up CUSA. Unfortunately, I think it will be in that order for the 18th team, just because of the influence ECU, Marshall, UAB, and USM have in this. If they eventually go to 20, I think we will be in for sure. And I think if it gets to 24, MUTS, WKU, Utah State, and SJSU will lead the way. IF UAB and SJSU both drop down, as has been suggested, ULaLa and UTSA probably will get those spots. But, my guess is this will start at 18 and get to 20 within the next few years, which will help the Alliance determine who of those left behind will provide the most bang in the next addition. If we get left out this go around, I figure that we have about 3 years to get things turned around in football to warrant an invite to a 20-team league.

This would be perfect to me.

5-team pod: Tulsa, Rice, UTEP, New Mexico, and La Tech

6-team pod: add Tulane

All games against border states or in-state institutions.

I think this thing will start at 18, BTW, with Temple in the East and either F_U, La Tech, or us in the middle to fill up CUSA. Unfortunately, I think it will be in that order for the 18th team, just because of the influence ECU, Marshall, UAB, and USM have in this. If they eventually go to 20, I think we will be in for sure. And I think if it gets to 24, MUTS, WKU, Utah State, and SJSU will lead the way. IF UAB and SJSU both drop down, as has been suggested, ULaLa and UTSA probably will get those spots. But, my guess is this will start at 18 and get to 20 within the next few years, which will help the Alliance determine who of those left behind will provide the most bang in the next addition. If we get left out this go around, I figure that we have about 3 years to get things turned around in football to warrant an invite to a 20-team league.

i don't know about SJSU, but my son is a UAB grad and they have no plans to drop down. their plans for a new stadium were set back by Bear Bryant Jr., chair of the Alabama Board of Regents, but is not dead yet, although they may wish Jr. was.

• Upvote 1