O-Line

Dr. Seuss

Most interesting comment to me yesterday was from Chico... He said that Feeley is a starter going into spring ball. I heard Cam Fedlt was a overrated but having Johnson and Feeley as starters going into the offseason, speaks extremely highly of them and not so much of Fedlt

So we named a starter that we ad last season over a guy we haven't had on the roster before. How does that speak poorly for a player that our coaches have not seen play?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Feeley is our second most experienced lineman. If he can play tackle, he should be considered our starter until someone unseats him.

I don't know how well Cam Feldt plays. I do know that he was a highly-rated all-state lineman in high school. The only time I've seen him in action was in a circle drill and he easily won that contest. He supposedly had some ridiculous percentage of pancake blocks in high school. I don't know whether that translates to a starting position or not but we'll see.

One question. If he knows that he's not highly thought of by this coaching staff then why would he sell his brother on coming here?

• Upvote 3

So we named a starter that we ad last season over a guy we haven't had on the roster before. How does that speak poorly for a player that our coaches have not seen play?

He's been here since fall camps, The coaches have seen what he offers....

What you did in high school sometimes doesn't translate over to the college game. How he told his brother about it, I have no idea I just know what people tell me and what the coaches say

• Upvote 1

I do believe there were some one on one drills in which Cam was in last year on MeanGreenSports video and he was dominating every guy he was up against.

Cam Feldt may end up being one of the best linemen we've had. I can't wait to see him play. But he is new and has to earn it. Spring Ball is 8 weeks away so the proof is in the pudding.

This o-line and its potential really has me fired up. I saw Grant Shaw yesterday and he's filled out a lot...that kid may be a pretty special tackle before all is said and done too.

I do believe there were some one on one drills in which Cam was in last year on MeanGreenSports video and he was dominating every guy he was up against.

Cam Feldt may end up being one of the best linemen we've had. I can't wait to see him play. But he is new and has to earn it. Spring Ball is 8 weeks away so the proof is in the pudding.

This o-line and its potential really has me fired up. I saw Grant Shaw yesterday and he's filled out a lot...that kid may be a pretty special tackle before all is said and done too.

Great post Harry!

Yes, I'm really excited about the way this OL is being put together. It is the first thing you shoot for when you want to build a team to compete with the big boys. Starting the young guys last year is starting to look better and better as time passes. Now we just need a playmaker or two to step up over the coming months and we should really have something going on that side of the ball.

He's been here since fall camps, The coaches have seen what he offers....

What you did in high school sometimes doesn't translate over to the college game. How he told his brother about it, I have no idea I just know what people tell me and what the coaches say

Well, I know a lot of kids work really hard at something when they know that it will have no impact on them getting to play. He may have been coasting, who knows? Let's wait until practice starts and playing time is on the line. Things may be different. Not saying that they will, but I prefer not to count players out who have yet to play a down for us.

• Upvote 1

Well, I know a lot of kids work really hard at something when they know that it will have no impact on them getting to play. He may have been coasting, who knows? Let's wait until practice starts and playing time is on the line. Things may be different. Not saying that they will, but I prefer not to count players out who have yet to play a down for us.

In fact, I'd say wait until the week before the first game before making too many assumptions about who will start/play/etc. The bottom line is that the OL will be a real strength on this team, regardless of who starts.

• Upvote 1