North Texas Rivals List With A Most Interesting Fact

PlummMeanGreen

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2012/northtexas-182

Check this list (again) and count the large numbers of Mean Green recruits who were 1/10'th of a point away from being a 3 star Rivals recruit.

One might ask the question: Will that 1/10'th of a point really make so much a difference from being a 2 star as compared to being a 3 star? We might all agree that those stars never predict how much heart a kid will have which might make him a 4 star college football player or how a star will predict how that player will be off season in the weight room or how astute said kid will be in watching video of the next opponent.

We know there will be some who have no Rivals stars who will be future stars at North Texas and wouldn't we all love to see a national Rivals list from the past 10 years of that group who didn't make it big with the Rivals star system but who did make it big at the schools they signed with as All Conference or even higher awards players.

Addendum: The part that no one from any of our competitors will read about were the 2 Mean Green Rivals 4 Star recruits who are on campus now and who will be starters next Fall if all goes well.

Now we (like our coaches will all do) need to go into de-recruit mode with all those we've made future All Americans on all the various recruiting trails that led this fine group of young men to Mean Green Country.

GMG!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for pee peeing on the positive parade there Dr. Seuss. It's all speculation anyway and you know that... Not every player in college plays to what's expected of them... Some over perform some under perform says captain obvious. Let people have fun speculating, overanalyzing, and whatever other rediculousness they want to fill the green cool aid with.

I give this post ??.9

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

First off its not just 1/10 of a point because the max is 6.1... 2nd off .1 is .1 less, just like how Kevin Dyson was a foot away from making a touchdown and winning the superbowl... Instead he was short and lost

And how many of our recruits were just .1 away from being 2 star players? Come on people, let's not blow our wad over the star ratings of our players when it suits us...and condemn them when it doesn't. Let's just agree that we like our recruits, "stars" are subjective (how's UT enjoying that Holiday Bowl trophy?), and that we are on the upswing and will only get better once we are winning.

Seems to me that the Mean Green got bigger, faster and stronger yesterday. Given the fact that we have seen with our own eyes what this coaching staff can do to help players play better and get stronger, I'll let the experts here on the Mean Green staff evaluate the players they signed. Me, I'll enjoy the improvement I see starting with Spring Ball in about 8 weeks.

People who write this class off as a "D", "C-" or even an "F" before they even play a down of D-1 ball, and start all the comparisons with other programs are just spitting in the wind and playing the same "UNT is a joke" routine that has been played...even by some of our "so called" fans...for way too long.

Interesting to see some of the folks that like to call for RV's head, and seem to complain even about the sun rise because the light shines in their eyes, but never give credit where credit is due attending the signing day event last evening. They all had opportunity enough to ask some pointed questions of Coach Mac, RV, etc. during the question portion of the event, but strangely remained silent. Imagine that! But, were more than willing to go up and chat up the coaches, etc.

Like Coach Mac said...time to stop seeing UNT as a "laughing stock"...time to start being proud of UNT because UNT is moving forward...like it or not and whether everything is done exactly as some think it should be done and when they think it should be done...UNT IS INDEED MOVING FORWARD.

The crowd was great last evening. Really good to see the support building...now as RV mentioned...the students need to get off their collective asses and help fill Apogee on game day! ha! Got to love that quote from RV.

GREAT NIGHT...simply great! An honor and a pleasure to have been able to attend.

• Upvote 2

Seems to me that the Mean Green got bigger, faster and stronger yesterday. Given the fact that we have seen with our own eyes what this coaching staff can do to help players play better and get stronger, I'll let the experts here on the Mean Green staff evaluate the players they signed. Me, I'll enjoy the improvement I see starting with Spring Ball in about 8 weeks.

People who write this class off as a "D", "C-" or even an "F" before they even play a down of D-1 ball, and start all the comparisons with other programs are just spitting in the wind and playing the same "UNT is a joke" routine that has been played...even by some of our "so called" fans...for way too long.

Interesting to see some of the folks that like to call for RV's head, and seem to complain even about the sun rise because the light shines in their eyes, but never give credit where credit is due attending the signing day event last evening. They all had opportunity enough to ask some pointed questions of Coach Mac, RV, etc. during the question portion of the event, but strangely remained silent. Imagine that! But, were more than willing to go up and chat up the coaches, etc.

Like Coach Mac said...time to stop seeing UNT as a "laughing stock"...time to start being proud of UNT because UNT is moving forward...like it or not and whether everything is done exactly as some think it should be done and when they think it should be done...UNT IS INDEED MOVING FORWARD.

The crowd was great last evening. Really good to see the support building...now as RV mentioned...the students need to get off their collective asses and help fill Apogee on game day! ha! Got to love that quote from RV.

GREAT NIGHT...simply great! An honor and a pleasure to have been able to attend.

And my big fat arse will be at Apogee when I'm not hippity-hoppity'n a DJ gig (of which I was with a Bride & Groom-to-be just last night "with laptop" in a meeting of which I got a booking). Yes, I guess I am a bookie, too. Comprende?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Pp-YPWnGmLg

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1