UNT recruit decommits

Brett Vito

Exactly, he's probably 18. I know of kids who changed their college choices just because a girl they thought they might like was going to a different one. It's better he change now rather than he feel like he made a mistake later.

Stop being so reasonable. You're hurting the board's rep.

So you would choose live amongst the 1/3 of the population that stayed behind to gang bang for a living? I personally would choose Denton over New Orleans but then again I am not overly fond of Bourbon Street, but the 4 Bowl games were fun, so 1-2 nights during bowl season would be all I need then let the locals go back to gang banging and shooting up funerals.

Good luck to the young, personally I also enjoyed being 13 hrs from home my freshman year.

As someone who has lived in NO and visit fairly frequently, your post comes across as very uninformed. There is a lot more to NO than Bourbon Street, although in my view the French Quarter remains a great place to spend some time. I know a few people in NO and not one to my knowledge has ever shot up a funeral. New Orleans is still one of the great cities of the world, and although I like Denton; I fail to see any remote comparison. Not to mention the hardship that NO citizens have endured and the fact that the City is in the progress of making a remarkable recovery. For the record, during my years in Denton: I was robbed three times, something that has never happened to me in NO. Denton is a nice college town and I still enjoy going there but it is hardly unique even in the Metroplex.

Edited by GrandGreen