Occupy Denton Death Toxicology Report

Meanwhile, CEO's of the military industrial complex make tens of millions from taxpayers by going to war....

But keep the focus on one homeless guy who didn't/possibly couldn't get the right help he needed for his addiction. Keep the focus there.

051610lebowski2.jpg

Are you employed sir?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Meanwhile, CEO's of the military industrial complex make tens of millions from taxpayers by going to war....

But keep the focus on one homeless guy who didn't/possibly couldn't get the right help he needed for his addiction. Keep the focus there.

Right, because the CEO of the Military industrial complex didn't offer the drug and alcohol addicted homeless person free rehab, right?

No personal responsibilit. No accountability. If only we had hired this drug addict to tutor Jones and Williams, they would still be eligible (makes about as much sense as your class warfare statements).

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Right, because the CEO of the Military industrial complex didn't offer the drug and alcohol addicted homeless person free rehab, right?

No personal responsibilit. No accountability. If only we had hired this drug addict to tutor Jones and Williams, they would still be eligible (makes about as much sense as your class warfare statements).

That whooshing sound your heard was my point going directly over your head.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Please do enlighten all of us mere mortals of just what the point of that incredibly lame post was then, kind Sir.

If you didn't have that little ditty about SMU soccer on all your posts I might take you a bit more serious. :sword:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

If you didn't have that little ditty about SMU soccer on all your posts I might take you a bit more serious. :sword:

When it comes to soccer, I'm Dallas til I die. If UNT got a men's soccer team I'd be a season ticket holder, but until then I will pull for the local D-1 college soccer team. I don't need any stories or any reasons why I'm supposed to hate SMU. Hatin's for the birds.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm just going to straight up say it... you're a very nice and educated person. This board wasn't built to talk about the Right Wing Military Industrial Complex or the goings on of the Bohemian Grove retreats. It was built to talk about North Texas and issues that the school is involved with.

Get over yourself seriously. This kid came from a good family and they all (including his friends) had begged him to come home and get help. He didn't want to and it is as simple as that. Stop perpetuating the "he couldn't get help" from those fascist right wingers who don't like social services myth. Garbage.

The interviews with his family and friends (and no...I don't mean the disenchanted Scenesters who occupied that camp) are there for you to watch instead of bashing those that choose to talk about him and his relation with North Texas.

I'm just going to straight up say it... you're an idiot. This board wasn't built to talk about the Right Wing Military Industrial Complex or the goings on of the Bohemian Grove retreats. It was built to talk about North Texas and issues that the school is involved with.

That's funny, because this is the 'opinion' board where politics are discussed. You didn't make this thread (when there's already one about it) because it was about the occupy protester, you did it to make a political point.

Get over yourself seriously. This kid came from a good family and they all (including his friends) had begged him to come home and get help. He didn't want to and it is as simple as that.

That's too bad that he didn't take advantage of that.

Stop perpetuating the "he couldn't get help" from those fascist right wingers who don't like social services myth. Garbage.

I never said as much.

My point in that post was the further perpetuate the fact that all anyone wants to focus on is what kind of people they can dig up at various occupy protesters around the country. Nevermind that we flush a trillion dollars down the drain in Iraq, we have to feel better about ourselves by putting down anyone who dares questioning why so much wealth trickles to the richest year after year.

• Upvote 1

That's funny, because this is the 'opinion' board where politics are discussed. You didn't make this thread (when there's already one about it) because it was about the occupy protester, you did it to make a political point.

That's too bad that he didn't take advantage of that.

I never said as much.

My point in that post was the further perpetuate the fact that all anyone wants to focus on is what kind of people they can dig up at various occupy protesters around the country. Nevermind that we flush a trillion dollars down the drain in Iraq, we have to feel better about ourselves by putting down anyone who dares questioning why so much wealth trickles to the richest year after year.

You keep posting, yet we still await your response to the question at hand......waiting....still waiting.....

• Downvote 4

Coffee and Tea ..... still waiting......and waiting......

Piss off stalker.

Do you honestly believe the rich don't actually run this whole world and have just a little more power than the average tom dick and harry? It's like that in EVERY country.

True, but the amount of control that the wealthy have is skewed higher in this country than any other industrialized. We're the most productive, yet the ratio of the average workers' salary to their CEO is far higher than in any other developed nation. Not to mention, we don't have publicly financed campaigns, and our lobbyists are basically free to write bills as they please. Dems and Republicans couldn't agree on deficit reduction, yet when Hollywood drops a few bucks under the guise of "piracy", they get help from both sides to police the internet.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Piss off stalker.

True, but the amount of control that the wealthy have is skewed higher in this country than any other industrialized. We're the most productive, yet the ratio of the average workers' salary to their CEO is far higher than in any other developed nation. Not to mention, we don't have publicly financed campaigns, and our lobbyists are basically free to write bills as they please. Dems and Republicans couldn't agree on deficit reduction, yet when Hollywood drops a few bucks under the guise of "piracy", they get help from both sides to police the internet.

Isn't the "American dream" to become as successful as you wish, including becoming a multi-billionaire CEO? Don't people come to America for the opportunity to become Sam Walton or Papa John?

There are many who started small businesses just like these 2 success stories but failed. These two were just more successful and perhaps a little luckier. Don't dismiss people as having bad intentions just because they achieved a certain level of success that others didn't. The only difference between many in "the 99%" and those in the "1%" is just a little luck.

• Upvote 1

Isn't the "American dream" to become as successful as you wish, including becoming a multi-billionaire CEO? Don't people come to America for the opportunity to become Sam Walton or Papa John?

There are many who started small businesses just like these 2 success stories but failed. These two were just more successful and perhaps a little luckier. Don't dismiss people as having bad intentions just because they achieved a certain level of success that others didn't. The only difference between many in "the 99%" and those in the "1%" is just a little luck.

If you're successful, great. If you started from nothing and became part of the 1%, more power to you. I have absolutely no qualms with my wife's employer because he started middle class, went to law school, and became very successful. He pays his employees well and treats them well, and he still has plenty of $ left over for his toys. Hell, our president is one of those people. He did not have a privileged background, grew up very middle class and made his way into Ivy League Universities. He was still paying loans on that Ivy League education until he became a Senator.

What I take issue with is that its harder here than just about any other industrialized country to move up that ladder. Whatever class you're born into, you're more than likely to die as. Those with money work harder and harder every day to multiply it and make sure it stays that way too. The percentage of millionaires in this country is about 2%. The % of millionaires in Congress is about 50%, that's what I have a problem with. My original post was simply to point out how people's focus is off base. Stop worrying about any low lifes you find at a protest and start worrying about why the average worker's salary in this country has declined in the last decade.

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 6

I'm just going to straight up say it... you're an idiot. This board wasn't built to talk about the Right Wing Military Industrial Complex or the goings on of the Bohemian Grove retreats. It was built to talk about North Texas and issues that the school is involved with.

Get over yourself seriously. This kid came from a good family and they all (including his friends) had begged him to come home and get help. He didn't want to and it is as simple as that. Stop perpetuating the "he couldn't get help" from those fascist right wingers who don't like social services myth. Garbage.

The interviews with his family and friends (and no...I don't mean the disenchanted Scenesters who occupied that camp) are there for you to watch instead of bashing those that choose to talk about him and his relation with North Texas.

ummm... "The Eagles Nest, (There should be pie for everyone forum) The one and only. The place for Non-UNT Sports, politics, and general discussions and debate. Pretty much everything goes. Not a place for the timid or shy!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What I take issue with is that its harder here than just about any other industrialized country to move up that ladder. Whatever class you're born into, you're more than likely to die as. Those with money work harder and harder every day to multiply it and make sure it stays that way too. The percentage of millionaires in this country is about 2%. The % of millionaires in Congress is about 50%, that's what I have a problem with. My original post was simply to point out how people's focus is off base. Stop worrying about any low lifes you find at a protest and start worrying about why the average worker's salary in this country has declined in the last decade.

I personally disagree with this. I have family and friends living all over the world and while many other countries have their perks and great things...jobs and moving up the ladder isn't any other countries' strong suit other than the US. If you want to move up you'll be able to. If you don't move up it's not because of the rich corporate American greed...it could be an assortment of reasons but usually it's competition with other fellow employees or job applicants. Look I'm in corporate America and when people don't get promoted or raises you know what they do? They start looking for other jobs and with their experience, qualifications, good resume you have a very good chance at moving up by switching companies. This country is far from perfect and it has it's share of issues like any others but I think the "American Dream" is the greatest thing about this country and that dream has essentially been adopted in many places around the world.

Workers' salaries have declined in the last decade and of course I don't like very much it but I understand it. There's far more competition in this world and it is something companies can take advantage of and I say what is wrong with that? My parents have always had their own businesses and you try to find as many ways possible to maximize profit and be efficient. The day everyone makes more money is the day the cost of everything goes up...that is the way it usually works and then when that happens those same people that are making more money will find new ways to bitch such has how much everything is more expensive now. I don't have a solution for the perfect medium but it's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario in my book.

As for worrying about this gentleman you're right...I personally believe the occupy folks have preconceived notions against them when they have their causes whether I may agree with them or not.

• Upvote 3