Statistical Oddity

GrandGreen

Per Hill CC site, John Odoh has exactly the same number of points and rebounds after 17 games, 232 for an 13.647 average. He has got to be among if not the leader in juco rebounds, but the stat I like best is that he has not attempted one three point shot.

We may very well have the best front court we have ever had next year.

• Upvote 1

Per Hill CC site, John Odoh has exactly the same number of points and rebounds after 17 games, 232 for an 13.647 average. He has got to be among if not the leader in juco rebounds, but the stat I like best is that he has not attempted one three point shot.

Odoh leads the nation in rebounding

1) J. Odoh (Hill) 13.647

2) C. Clarke (Lawson) 13.385

3) J.Uchedbo (Chipola) 13.000

• Upvote 1

Odoh leads the nation in rebounding

1) J. Odoh (Hill) 13.647

2) C. Clarke (Lawson) 13.385

3) J.Uchedbo (Chipola) 13.000

Odoh is also 3rd in the nation in blocks (avg.), and 1st in the nation in total blocks. I'll take 14/14/5 next year. :)

http://www.njcaa.org/sports_stats.cfm?sid=4&stat_type=i&gender=m&divid=1&slid=2&seasonselect=556&report_id=3767&requesttimeout=500

• Upvote 2

Wait are we sure JJ still wants him if he is not jacking up threes every chance he gets?? :sword:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Wait are we sure JJ still wants him if he is not jacking up threes every chance he gets?? :sword:

Good morning sunshine,

Here are some stats for you to chew on. Listed below are all the members of the SBC and the percentage of their shot attempts that are from 3-pt range. You will notice that NT is no where near the top of league.

DEN 46%

TRY 42%

FAU 36%

ULM 34%

WKU 34%

ALR 30%

FIU 29%

UNT 28%

ULL 28%

MUT 28%

ASU 25%

USA 24%

As I have mentioned in other posts, our shot selection getting better with the addition of T. Mitch. Since his arrival, 26% of our shots are from three point range.

Our 3-pt FG percentage has also improved. Before Mitchell we were shooting about 24% from the 3-pt line. Since, we are shooting 34%.

Granted 34% from the arc is not great, but it's not terrible.

You may think your constant comments about 3-pt shooting are cute or funny, but when you compare your statements to the facts they look more foolish than anything.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

yeah 28% is great shooting, but you can pull the stick out whenever you feel like it.

His point wasn't that the % we make is great. His point was on the % of threes we shoot. He was dismissing your comment insinuating that all we do is jack up threes, by showing you that we shoot less threes than most of our conference mates.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Good morning sunshine,

Here are some stats for you to chew on. Listed below are all the members of the SBC and the percentage of their shot attempts that are from 3-pt range. You will notice that NT is no where near the top of league.

DEN 46%

TRY 42%

FAU 36%

ULM 34%

WKU 34%

ALR 30%

FIU 29%

UNT 28%

ULL 28%

MUT 28%

ASU 25%

USA 24%

As I have mentioned in other posts, our shot selection getting better with the addition of T. Mitch. Since his arrival, 26% of our shots are from three point range.

Our 3-pt FG percentage has also improved. Before Mitchell we were shooting about 24% from the 3-pt line. Since, we are shooting 34%.

Granted 34% from the arc is not great, but it's not terrible.

You may think your constant comments about 3-pt shooting are cute or funny, but when you compare your statements to the facts they look more foolish than anything.

Great post! +1

Great find Grand. That's amazing when you think about it.

We have some fans that are going to get to see him play soon and I can't wait to hear their comments (no pressure 90).

I won't see him until Feb 15. I think some others on here (maybe NT03??) were planning on seeing him at a JC in the Dallas area on Jan 18, so they can give an earlier report.

With the jump in level of competition.... I'll take 9/9/3 next year.

I'd take that, but would expect more along the lines of 4 points, 8 rebounds and a block a game in about 25 minutes of action.

I really hope Hill College makes the regional tournament. That is where Odoh will face some D1 level talent and will provide a better read on his abilities.

Of course, I will povide an expert, in depth scouting report after Feb 15 :rolleyes: