Look Who Else Ark. St. might pick up

All About UNT

Seriously I mean no offense to your stAters but were you guys recently awarded a miracle by your diety of choice? Now the regional football boards are all blowing up talking about Malzahn, Dyer transferring (though with his situation I am not sure McCarney would take him) and NOW there are rumors of Kiehl Frazier (most heavily recruited athlete ever out of Ark.) thinking about transferring as well. If that occurs I will have to just remind myself that it benefits the Sunbelt and in turn benefits us.

It takes a lot more than two players and a coach to make a team.

Yes. And ASU is not "picking up" these players...Malzahn is convincing them to leave Auburn, which once he left isn't even legal. Dyer is a druggie, so we will just wait until a better reason comes out for this new kid to be leaving as well. There is no reason we should not expect for ASU to leave Apogee Stadium with a loss next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yes. And ASU is not "picking up" these players...Malzahn is convincing them to leave Auburn, which once he left isn't even legal. Dyer is a druggie, so we will just wait until a better reason comes out for this new kid to be leaving as well. There is no reason we should not expect for ASU to leave Apogee Stadium with a loss next year.

You both are missing something very important here..... perception is reality. I don't give two craps about if he is a druggie (really...."druggie" for being a pot smoker?). The fact is that one of...if not...the BEST RBs in that nation is making tons of news coverage about his decision to go to Arkansas State. This on top of the news coverage of Malzahn heading there.... and now there is one of the strongest recruited QBs in that nation considering heading there too. Pull your heads out of your behinds and respect the attention they are getting. If enough people "perceive" that Good Things are...or are about to occur there then expect strong attendance and of course recruit interest. Consider that our Bball team made waves by getting 20 plus win seasons over and over without people dissecting exactly who we were beating. Throw in a couple of tourney visits and all of a sudden we have the best rated basketball recruiting class we have ever had.... all that based off of the perception that UNT was primed to make a name for itself.

You both are missing something very important here..... perception is reality. I don't give two craps about if he is a druggie (really...."druggie" for being a pot smoker?). The fact is that one of...if not...the BEST RBs in that nation is making tons of news coverage about his decision to go to Arkansas State. This on top of the news coverage of Malzahn heading there.... and now there is one of the strongest recruited QBs in that nation considering heading there too. Pull your heads out of your behinds and respect the attention they are getting. If enough people "perceive" that Good Things are...or are about to occur there then expect strong attendance and of course recruit interest. Consider that our Bball team made waves by getting 20 plus win seasons over and over without people dissecting exactly who we were beating. Throw in a couple of tourney visits and all of a sudden we have the best rated basketball recruiting class we have ever had.... all that based off of the perception that UNT was primed to make a name for itself.

Yes, "druggie" may have been a bit over the top... While smoking pot may not be the most serious thing in the world, doing it while you are on a full ride scholarship is stupid at best, and I would not want him on my team. The media is conveniently ignoring this fact while continuing their circle jerk over Malzahn. I respect what ASU is doing, but I'm not about to drool all over it like many people on here are. They hired a good coach, but any top recruit is going to have another reason for ending up there, and so far, they have. If Malzahn has the success he wants he will be gone pretty quickly anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's a little out of line to call a kid a druggie...

That's a little out of line to call a kid a druggie...

I apologize if that offended anyone. It was certainly an (intentional) exhaggeration, but he has had drug related disciplinary issues at Auburn.

EDIT: For the record, I think calling a pot smoker a druggie is not even close to some of the things said on this board...

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 1

All About, where are you hearing this? This is the closest thing I could find.

I merely mentioned rumors of his consideration.....but of course the internet went abuzz with it and hence the article you just read had to alleviate the concern of Auburn fans that he would jump ship. Either way it is PR for Ark State and not in a bad sense.