Houston up on Penn State 24-7 at Half

Harry

In the opinion of the GOMEANGREEN.COM posters, should Penn State be given the Death Penalty ?

Yes, they should, but that will never happen.

In effect, they have a self served death penallty. Just look at their coaching search. Been a month and still looking. No takers. They may end up promoting someone from the current staff, which would be disasterous ftom a PR standpoint..

They will fall to the bottom of the Big 10 in the next several years and stay there for at least 5 years.

Keep an eye out for the Orr jersey in the crowd.

GMG!

Also keep an eye out for Pedobear...unsure.gif

Was at the game and pretty surprised by the score after the first quarter. Penn State was completely inept on offense. 1st & 10, run. 2nd & 7, run. 3rd & 6, incomplete pass. The O coordinator didn't look like he had a clue, I mean we scored more points against UH than this team. Penn State fans looked disappointed but not very surprised. Great turnout by UH fans, more than Tech did last year. And I didn't think Penn State would bring so many down to Dallas for a bowl game like this.

Also keep an eye out for Pedobear...unsure.gif

Was at the game and pretty surprised by the score after the first quarter. Penn State was completely inept on offense. 1st & 10, run. 2nd & 7, run. 3rd & 6, incomplete pass. The O coordinator didn't look like he had a clue, I mean we scored more points against UH than this team. Penn State fans looked disappointed but not very surprised. Great turnout by UH fans, more than Tech did last year. And I didn't think Penn State would bring so many down to Dallas for a bowl game like this.

There's actually a pretty large number of Penn State alums who live in the area. I had a boss once who was a letterman for them.

Given the size of the Cotton Bowl stadium, you'd have to get like 60K or more to look like there is anyone there. Having been inside the Rose Bowl when UCLA played Rice about 7-8 years ago (announced crowd was 40K) when it seemed incredibly empty, I know this is the case. We were stuck in traffic for 20 minutes getting out, so I know there were more people than it looked.

Very well might have been 46K at the game yesterday.

I was at the game, there is no way there was 46K there. Aside from the scandal, their fans were pretty cool, and actually fun to chat with. If I remember correctly, they had a new QB in the game that simply wasn't ready.

Me and my friend both guessed 45k before the announced attendance. Cotton Bowl is 90k, so if you put everyone in the lower bowl it would probably be full.