Chris Thomsen: name bandied about here for coaching

Hired by Todd Graham at Arizona State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-arizonast-assistantcoaches

Taking Abilene Christian to the playoffs six seasons in a row was quite a feat for Thomsen. That school really was known more for its track program than anything else as far as athletics goes.

We should keep Thomsen on our radar. Even though he spells Thompson wrong, he's a good coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hired by Todd Graham at Arizona State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-arizonast-assistantcoaches

Taking Abilene Christian to the playoffs six seasons in a row was quite a feat for Thomsen. That school really was known more for its track program than anything else as far as athletics goes.

We should keep Thomsen on our radar. Even though he spells Thompson wrong, he's a good coach.

The bad news about Graham to Arizona State is he will be pounding DFW in recruiting where that was fairly hard to do at Pitt.

I don't know. Graham took a couple of assistants with him--I'm not sure exactly why he would have left TD behind if he wanted him to come (it could be TD's choice). But it is worth noting that Graham hasn't hired a QB coach yet.

I read on a coaching search post this weekend that he would be the play caller for Pitt during the bowl game.