Pitt's Todd Graham heading to Arizona State

Harry

I feel really bad for Spencer Leftwitch. Lefty recruited 2 3 star on 1 Four Star recruits at Pitt this year and was a good standup coach for UNT both times he coached here. Lefty left for Tulsa right before TD's last year. I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall and left when Graham made him a good offer. I can't blame Lefty for that. I hope Lefty say's at Pitt or follows Graham to ASU. Lefty's line did a good job at Pitt this year.

TD recruited 4 Star QB, but I wasn't in favor of his our new HC years ago, so no huge loss in my mind. I would have like TD more if he's hired an entire experienced Assistant coaching staff, but he brought in HS coaching "homers" and that was all she wrote for UNT.

In somewhat related news, I laughed at one of the posts on the rivals Pitt message board. Said something along the lines of, "Good riddance to this goofy no huddle spread offense."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

You do realize that we continue to run this "goofy" offense, right?

• Upvote 1

You do realize that we continue to run this "goofy" offense, right?

I expressly recall seeing quite a few snaps under center this season when the situation called for it. I also noticed a clear absence of the chronic stare at the sidelines like a deer in the headlights syndrome.

It was really, really clear in the last game when MUTS kept standing up and staring at the sidelines on offense, a move that I've never seen come out ahead. I saw them doing it, and I felt a cold, sharp pain running through my spine. Then I realize it wasn't the team in green doing it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

what?

I thought we all learned this during the Todge era:

No huddle

Spread

Shot gun

under center

Sideline check

...all elements that can function independent of each other.

My opinion, the offense started morphing once Chico got here. It has been a gradual change from the pre-Chico era, and a good one.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1