BIG EAST is set

mgfan

Heh. Even the Big West told Boise to go shove it in their hats. The only way they're getting in is with an exorbitant exit fee clause. They spent a couple years in the Big West as transients in a football halfway house, and crapped all over the conference when they left.

I don't know how or why North Texas entered or left the Big West, so I absolutely don't mean to paint with broad strokes. I'm thinking of specific actions and words from Boise early in the decade.

we joined because it was the only ship available when we moved back up to division 1a. we left when the Big West dropped football and moved to the Belt which was adding football.i am not aware of problems between Big West and Boise as they moved to the WAC. when the smoke cleared the Big West was a non football California conference with the exception of Hawaii. Boise will either be able to put all other sports in Big Sky or WAC.AFC will probably put all other sports in WAC since MVC is not interested, if indeed they decide to move to Big East, which is not a given. in AFC doesn't move, Navy won't either, opening the door for ECU and Temple for football only.Big East expansion is still a work in process.