Lance A Lot

Harry

"What Cobbs said stuck with Dunbar throughout what turned out to be arguably the best performance by a UNT running back in history, one that helped the Mean Green roll to a 59-7 blowout of Middle Tennessee on Saturday night at Apogee Stadium.

Dunbar needed to rush for 140 yards against the Blue Raiders to surpass Cobbs and become the Mean Green’s all-time leading rusher.

“He [Cobbs] told me that he didn’t want me to just get the record,” Dunbar said. “He didn’t want me to get 140. He wanted me to get 240. It meant a lot. He wanted to see someone else get the record and succeed. I appreciate him being here.”

What Cobbs and those who braved a cold and rainy night saw was a performance for the ages."

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/stories/DRC_untfoot_1204.302ddc085.html

An outstanding young man both on & off the field.

I remember being at a practice during his fresh or soph year and he had to take a pee. He ran behind the stands in the endzone at the sametime I was heading out early to pick my kid up from daycare. Probably wasn't 10 or us there . Anyway , he saw me and looked up and said "I'm sorry sir"... I just laughed & said you don't have to apologize

I find it hard to believe he was able to set the record for rushing yards when he played in a five wide, pass heavy offense for three years, while Cobbs came from one of the most run heavy offenses I have ever seen. Just amazing.

Didn't Cobbs backup Galbreath for two years? I may be remembering wrong.