For the Record

Dr. Seuss

Yeah it sucks about the attendance but it was raining the entire game, what do you expect... How can you expect a fan base (non parents) of 2k to go the game... Having 30k students and 90k alumni in the metroplex means nothing because we havnt done anything to bring them back... AS IN WINS, people will only come if we win, no one likes to cheer for a losing team, plain and simple

Yes, we built a new stadium, new coach, and a growing program but you cant expect us to be like AQ program overnight ...

Yes UTSA has had a great attendance this year but its there first year. Weve been a disappointment for the last 35 out of 40 years.. You cant compare us to them any was, San Antonio is completely different than the DFW

Quit B!tching.. This was a great game for the players and our coaches....They left it all out on the field. Theyve put a lot into this season and our program and if you only look at the negative of things, I feel sorry for you..

Finally, Congrats to the Seniors.. This game was for you, yall have been through it all and even though the record doesnt show it, yall will make this program into something in the years to come.. Jimmy V said about cancer "It may not save my life. It may save my childrens lives. It may save someone you love." Thats exactly what these guys did this year... They wont get all the recognized because of there record but they did more for this program this year than most... These are the guys that will turn this program around, it didnt happen in there 4 years but it will for the guys coming here.

GMG

Countdown till Sept 8

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

Yeah it sucks about the attendance but it was raining the entire game, what do you expect... How can you expect a fan base (non parents) of 2k to go the game... Having 30k students and 90k alumni in the metroplex means nothing because we havnt done anything to bring them back... AS IN WINS, people will only come if we win, no one likes to cheer for a losing team, plain and simple

Yes, we built a new stadium, new coach, and a growing program but you cant expect us to be like AQ program overnight ...

Yes UTSA has had a great attendance this year but its there first year. Weve been a disappointment for the last 35 out of 40 years.. You cant compare us to them any was, San Antonio is completely different than the DFW

Quit B!tching.. This was a great game for the players and our coaches....They left it all out on the field. Theyve put a lot into this season and our program and if you only look at the negative of things, I feel sorry for you..

Finally, Congrats to the Seniors.. This game was for you, yall have been through it all and even though the record doesnt show it, yall will make this program into something in the years to come.. Jimmy V said about cancer "It may not save my life. It may save my childrens lives. It may save someone you love." Thats exactly what these guys did this year... They wont get all the recognized because of there record but they did more for this program this year than most... These are the guys that will turn this program around, it didnt happen in there 4 years but it will for the guys coming here.

GMG

Countdown till Sept 8

Great post.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Great post Dr. Seuss. I wish the Athletic Department would pick an upcoming basketball game, say LSU, and recognize the seniors and their parents at half time. The weather ruined a special event that they all earned prior to the game today and they deserve to hear the appreciation from the fans.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

GMG

Countdown till Sept 8

Great post and this fan appreciates your writing it! GMG!

GMG

Countdown till Sept 8

Excellent points.

I'm not bitching, but I'm extremely disappointed that we had a rain event at this last game, because I knew what would happen......or not happen as the case may be. These seniors, especially Lance Dunbar, deserved better.

Watching Lance set records, and end his career with such an exclamation point was really special.

We can be angry and disgusted all we want. But until the CULTURE at North Texas gets changed, we can build all the fabulous facilities, and hire all the great coaches we want....but the attendance results will continue to be the same as tonight.

Edited by SilverEagle

We can be angry and disgusted all we want. But until the CULTURE at North Texas gets changed, we can build all the fabulous facilities, and hire all the great coaches we want....but the attendance results will continue to be the same as tonight.

If anyone heard the KNTU postgame show, Hank made a statement (or what sounded like more of a plea) to the fanbase to start coming to games.

In other words, he said what we have all been saying. People need to start buying into UNT Football and coming to the games.

If anyone heard the KNTU postgame show, Hank made a statement (or what sounded like more of a plea) to the fanbase to start coming to games.

In other words, he said what we have all been saying. People need to start buying into UNT Football and coming to the games.

Yes, and invest in one of these.

Recommmended for All Fans

Excellent points.

I'm not bitching, but I'm extremely disappointed that we had a rain event at this last game, because I knew what would happen......or not happen as the case may be. These seniors, especially Lance Dunbar, deserved better.

Watching Lance set records, and end his career with such an exclamation point was really special.

Disappointed is a good way to discribe what happen, but you have to think were we came from. AK said in the press conference that bowl games were never mentioned in his first 3 years here and this year it was. Thats something to build on, I fell like a broken record but our record wont change overnight and neither will the culture.

Patience is a virtue and sometimes greatest things happen when you wait and let the piece fall in place. You dont get a free ride but the team won the games they were supposed to and that hasnt happened in 4 years. If we continue to win at home, youll see the attendance increase.

I was walking outside yesterday and hated every second of it, I thought to my self how did I make it on saturday... I can understand why they wouldnt want to come, because I wouldnt sit outside in the pouring rain if I just wanted to go to the games just to do something on Saturdays. I didnt even wanna walk out to my car